Sober October

Options
1235»

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I have a birthday dinner and 4 Thanksgiving dinners (really) to go to in the next month. I plan to be alcohol free for all of them!! That's my goal and my commitment.
  • JaniceCourtman
    JaniceCourtman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join your group, it is the end of the month, but will try again(again, again) need to get off this roller coaster I have been on all my like!!!!!
  • JaniceCourtman
    JaniceCourtman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    should say all my life, sorry
  • lhermo
    lhermo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey all! What a great idea!

Any plans to start one for November? I'd love to have some accountability in my efforts to stay away from drinking. I do it pretty often, it's become a regular stress reliever for me. I want to step back from it to help with my weight loss efforts. I know I'm taking in SO many extra calories by drinking so much, plus it makes me sluggish and less concentrated at work the next day.

If there aren't any plans, I'm happy to start the group!
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Months almost over and I haven't had a single sip this month. Next month will really be the challenge though. With bday party and 2 thanksgivings.
  • fiddletime
    Options
    One poster on MFP pointed out that there are 3 holidays between Oct. 30th and Dec.30th: Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas day. It isn't a "season", it's 3 days. He doesn't even count the calories on those 3 days, but the rest of the time he does. Looking at it that way, my 4 Thanksgiving dinners are really 3 turkey meals and one Thanksgiving dinner with family (actually 2, but only one on the real day). I'll count calories on all of those extra days this month, not sure about Thanksgiving itself, but will be AF.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Options
    Hurray it is the last day of October and we made it!! Since I have been mostly AF since July, I think that I am going to try weekends(Fri and Sat - and just in moderation) only for November and see how it works for me. Do you know if anyone has a weekend only thread? If so will you post the link?
  • fiddletime
    Options
    ItA a group now. I joined, but found it very interesting to see their struggles were pretty much the same as ours regarding moderation. Managed an AF birthday dinner for myself last night. Plan to keep AC over the holidays as it really affects my food choices. Good luck!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109418-no-booze-on-school-nights
  • Mussronkey
    Mussronkey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    11 months and 14 days for me! You can do it. Tonight being Halloween I'm sure I'll be making up for it with candy. That's a habit I picked up when I stopped using.
  • lhermo
    lhermo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started a new thread, "Sober November", in case anyone wants to try this another month. :)