WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2015

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Talk about MDs that want to kill you. Years ago, when I was Lithium Toxic, besides flushing my kidneys, they gave me Insulin (don't ask, don't know). Then when I was put in the psyche ward to get my medications right for my Bipolar Disorder, they did not give me insulin; but, AFTER the mean-spirited MD I was assigned to decided the would 'fix me' for being mouthy about going home, she send the order that I was supposed to be on "Insulin" to the other facility. The first time they came over with a shot to give me, I asked what it was, she told me a 'shot'. "NO $#*T! Then I asked, 'what's in it'? "Insulin" 'I'm NOT diabetic'. "Are you refusing the shot?" 'What part of "I'm NOT diabetic are you having trouble understanding'? I did not get the shot - Insulin to a non-diabetic for any other reason can be a death sentence. She was definitely 'trying to "fix me" for sure'. She also had dictated and had transcribed my discharge summary a couple of days prior to sending me to another facility. She learned, "I don't get mad, I get even" when I reported her to the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners. Her contract with the hospital got cancelled when it ran out - she's bounced all over SW GA and doesn't seem to be able to keep a job. Right now she is in with the MD I was going to when it was discovered I was "Lithium Toxic". He doesn't have hospital privileges either. LOL! I think a family member or friend ought to stay with a patient who is 'in-hospital' just to ask what is going on and why.

Cracker is a 'tired' doggie today. Ran a lot and now can't decide if 'mama' or 'daddy' is her favorite human yet. When DH left with DOS to put up the gate; she stayed with me. I'm the one who feeds her and takes her outside, so I am pretty special - she is 'my' dog.

I'm having trouble balancing my husband's joint checking book, and it frustrates me no end. Of course, I can't balance mine either. Pulling my hair out. Balanced one. A couple of years ago, I got the bank to balance mine and they showed me the easiest way to balance it; but, it is not working on his and I have added and subtracted everything and it is in order. Told him I would try again later when I am not so upset about it. Mine balanced last month; but not this month. GGGRrrrrr!!!!!

Guys are putting up a fence/gate to prevent other hunters from driving across our land to get to land they lease where they have ways of getting on their land without going across our land. Our neighbor is in agreement us. They put a posted sign on a stand he had back there and walked up on one of them one morning and was told 'we're leasing this land'. BULL - this is MY land; so today they are putting up a gate which means they'd have to walk several 100 yards to get there (which is doubtful they'll do; but, if we see them back there, we'll call the Sheriff if they park on the dirt road and walk across our land. It's messed up our deer hunting because of it, too.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    We had a neighbor when we lived in town that would dress like a witch . . . she made a good one, too. The little kids were scared of her, did not want to take any candy from her either. LOL! We don't have any trick or treaters since we live out in the boonies. Soothes me just find, too.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween! I am working 6-4:30 today and then DGD who is 7 decided she is not going to dress up this year and go trick or treating, she is coming to my house to hand out candy. So DH will pick her up when he gets off work and then come pick me up. It has been raining since yesterday afternoon so hope it clears up for the little ones tonight. Have been feeling kind of funky the last couple days, but doing a lot of praying and am doing better. One Day at a Time.

Allison--Hope it works out to get DFIL moved closer to your home. He is so lucky to have you taking care of things for him.

Cheri--Sending Hugs. Sounds like you have your hands full. Please remember to take care of you.

Margaret--glad to hear DH is breathing better, sending prayes and hugs that you get positive news next week. I would see a different doctor, sounds like this one is to proud to admit a wrong even at the expensie of the patient.

Sylvia--Give the little guy a hug from me. He knows when he has it good.

Michelle--My coat is purple and hip length with a hood. I will try and get a picture. I just know it feels good to have a new one, not a hand me down.

Mindy--thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

Carol--The beach looks for inviting. Hope the time there will give you all you need.

Karen--Congrates on writing to us and not eating. I need to learn to do that with work issues.

Barbie--Your line dance classes always sound like a lot of fun. Today sounds even more so. You look good in your pumkin.

Heather--Sounding good on getting your rental sold. Happy for you. Your DGC are so cute dressed up for Halloween

Mary--Happy Birthday and enjoy every minute of the trip DH has planned.

Kimsese--I do think the outfit looks a lot like Paula Dean.

DJ--Hope your knee is feeling better.

Well ladies I pray you all enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay safe tonight. I enjoy watching the children all dressed up.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND,NE

October Goals
    1. Weigh less at the end of the month then at the beginning.
    2. Log every bite.
    3. Stress less, Pray more
    4. Enjoy everyday. Look for the positive
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Are fitbits expensive? I'm thinking of asking for one for Christmas. I know that I walk a lot more than I keep up with. One day I moved furniture all day and on my pedometer it showed that I had 5000+ steps that day. I can believe it - was very tired, too; since then I have moved the furniture back and then later exchanged the tables between club chairs and the wing and rocking chair. I've probably got more furniture in my den than I need; but, I can easily sit 8 people on my sofa and chairs. Then I could pull up 2 more chairs if I needed to and still all could watch TV (although 2 of them would not be very comfortable. Found a wingback chair that 'sorta' goes with my regular dining room chairs and bought it at the flea market in the next town. My sister found a chair for the same price that would work for her dressing table. DH is working on painting the porch, first with primer and then with regular paint ... so one more step getting closer to being finished.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    >:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    Grits~ FitBit flex is 99.99 or cheaper if you can get a coupon to one of the stores always look for coupon codes... the ones that clip on I think might be even cheaper...
    I am thinking of getting a fitbit charge which is a little bit bigger than the flex, as mine is wearing out...
    the little kiddo's should be starting to come in a bit...
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Got a question for you all. I am making chili tonight and have my own recipe. Sorry girls, it made with some processed foods. I have entered it in the recipe maker and it told me how many calories based on how many servings i put in. But how do I know how many ounces is a serving?

Kimses, I love your Paula Dean. You have just the right look.

Michele, why can't you and your daughter do weddign dress shopping together? If it is a matter of distance, use skype, talking on the hone while you both are on the same internet site, etc. My daughter who loves in Lexington do that all the time. It can be done!

Joyce, Indiana
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Janetr- Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to you too Mary. Is yours tomorrow? Have great fun on your surprise destination trip. :)

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    2vwy0riuhhul.jpeg
  • fanncy0626
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    1nidtzvnflkx.jpeg
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    eeq3ylvra675.jpeg
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Supper, hayride and haunted house next!

Mary from Minnesota
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    My first embroidery project 5fybansd76zg.jpeg
    I see where I can make improvements; straighter lines and spacing of letters. Anything else?
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather the grandkids are so cute. Children make the holidays so much more special. Their excitement and enthusiasm is contagious. I hate to think that all of my grandkids are so grown up already (22, 20, 18, 16 ,15 & 8). The 8 year old still gets excited but they live in TX. Where does the time go?

Mary - gorgeous pictures.

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    love the pictures Mary !!!
    the little trick or treaters are so adorable.. one little 3 yr old was dressed up like am oompa loompa with green hair oh that was priceless...
    even gave a doggie a beggin strip(dog treat) im her friend for life now...
    all the little ones have come around and still have half a bowl of candy..
    Tom has already changed all the clocks back...
    Happy Birthday Mary if I havent said it already... xoxox
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Michele - Baker bowling makes it a true team effort. DS & DH compete in Baker and Scotch Doubles tournaments too. //. Do you only have 1 daughter? My sister and I plan to take my Mom's ring to create something special for each Grandkid. My DD already turned my rings from her dad into what she wanted and I will offer the same to DS when the time is right.

DH wants to go shopping so I will catch up with everyone later. Hugs all around ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee

• Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Checking in again - I read through the posts and can only recall a few things now.

mtowne002 - love the fall pictures! North GA is starting to really look like fall.

Michele - I must have missed the earlier wedding ring discussion. Our oldest is also newly-engaged (this summer) and I would also have liked to provide a family ring - or the stones from one, but they chose something else that is meaningful to their special relationship. Turns out she prefers a gemstone over diamonds, so she is thrilled with her ring. In the end don't let it block a joyous time. I figure I can pass my treasures on at another time or in another form. Did I also miss a discussion about wedding dress shopping? Why wouldn't you be able to do that?

Guess I was really tired after the work week - I slept 12 hours last night.

The DH is traveling for a few days so I emptied our closet, vacuumed, reorganized, refolded, etc. It doesn't look significantly different, but I ended up with a full trash bag and a nice pile to donate. Also folded and put up my more summery things for now. A few things in the donation pile are good, but I am just tired of wearing them as they have seen several seasons.

Well, off to feed the dog and get a few more things off the to-do list!

Gail, metro ATL
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Janetr - I consider myself so lucky that my DDIL takes the time to send me photos like that. <3 I would love to see them more often, but she knows how much we miss them and is very good that way. I have just heard that their child help is leaving in November - great timing! We may be required to lend a hand as a stop gap for a few days, but they are trying to sort something out. Must be a worry with the new baby due in March.

Mary - you must be having a great time! What a lovely treat! What a thoughtful hubby! <3

Terri - Good first effort! :flowerforyou:

Irish Terri - Mary Beard has a new book out , 'SPQR'. Very well reviewed. I bought DH 'Dictator' for his bday. We loved the first two in the Robert Harris trilogy.

DJ - hope your knee sorts itself out. :noway:

Love Heather UK