pilates?

Options
anyone recommend any pilates dvds??? im almost to my goal weight, only 3lbs away...i have done some yoga videos but i want to incorporate some pilates too but dont even know anything about the dvds besides denise austin, and i didnt really care for hers...any others??

Replies

• Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Crunch makes a couple of Pilates DvD's and they are on Net flix too.
  • melly7894
    melly7894 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You'll find quite a few on Netflix, if you are a member. There are many available to rent at home and a few available as 'watch it now' videos. Then you never have to risk buying and being unhappy, and you can switch it up every few weeks!
  • adrianamezam
    Options
    exercisetv.tv has one that i really like with a girl named Nicole Stewart, it's called Total Body Pilates, and it's only 20 minutes, but i do it up to three times, consecutively. i get it from my cable provider's onDemand menu. I have uVerse, and i know it's also available from Comcast.

hope this helps!!
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    Element Beginners Pilates with Brooke Siler.. Love it!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I liked the Windsor Pilates dvd, I have the beginning one, I think.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    About 6 years ago I tried (and liked) the Pilates for Dummies videos. They were great at explaining the correct methods to a newbie like me.
    I got them at the library :) Best way to start out, imo, because if you don't like them you're not out any money.
  • EliseLives
    EliseLives Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is probably ancient these days but I still have my Winsor-Pilates basic 3 dvd set. I still love them. They are enjoyable and challenging. There is a 20 minute work out and a longer one, I want to say 45-hour long, and a basic dvd to show correct moves.
    I bought this when I saw a promo for it on tv for I swear like 20 bucks and I assumed it was even cheaper now but on Amazon it seems to be 30 dollars used. Ick. So maybe this is a bad suggestion. Unless you can find it for cheaper.
  • bloom4cats
    bloom4cats Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Winsor pilates and Stott pilates. I lean more toward Winsor since that's what I started pilates with. When I bought the DVDs, it came with a 20-minute and 50- or 60-minute video. I love doing the 20 minute one in the morning to give me a boost all day. I used these extensively when I previously reached my goal weight (pre-kids). Now I'm using them again. They have the 20-minute one on youtube. Best of luck.
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    Element Beginners Pilates with Brooke Siler.. Love it!

I second this one! very relaxing.
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options
    I too like the Winsor Pilates DVD's - I got mine at Costco a few years back, mine comes with a resistance band. The Ab DVD is killer!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    exercisetv.tv has one that i really like with a girl named Nicole Stewart, it's called Total Body Pilates, and it's only 20 minutes, but i do it up to three times, consecutively. i get it from my cable provider's onDemand menu. I have uVerse, and i know it's also available from Comcast.

hope this helps!!

oooh I have exercisetv on demand and tried pilates earlier today and actually liked it :) Going to see if I have this certain one you mentioned for tomorrow, thanks!
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners was the first one I've ever used and ever bought. It's pretty good for beginners and I enjoyed it a lot. I think I picked it up at Wal-Mart? I used for about 4 or 5 months and really felt/saw a difference, so it worked for me. :) I haven't used it in a while though and never moved on (got busy with moving!). Also, I got one that came with a ball I got. I think that one is Gold's Gym, or something. It's sort of a mix between beginner and advanced, the woman uses both... It kicks my butt. There's also a bit of yoga thrown in there, too, toward the end.

Good luck!
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I love any of Ellen Barrett's DVDs :)