Snacking

Options
2»

Replies

• Paulina1230
    Paulina1230 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hummis and sesame rice crackers. You can have 16 crackers for 120 cal and 2 tbsp of hummis for 40 cal. Very filling
  • KeepingFit4Me
    KeepingFit4Me Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If I get hungry mid-day I drink 2 glasses of water, a cup of coffee and finish off with an apple!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You might find better luck googling quark and hummus. Both are fine with crudites or crackers.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I like quest bars, kay's naturals snacks(jalapeno honey mustard and cinnamon sticks esp.), banana, apple, or grapes.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    tracefan wrote: »
    Pink Porridge sounds great... but I've only heard of it in goldilocks and the 3 bears. ha ha wish we had it here in US

Porridge in the UK = oatmeal in the US.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Sargento makes this little packages called Balanced Breaks...it's a portion of cheese cubes, fruit and nuts. They are 180 calories. I've been eating them for snacks lately.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My afternoon snack is usually a protein bar - I love Luna Chocolate Cupcake. Keeps me going strong until dinner.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    tracefan wrote: »
    Pink Porridge sounds great... but I've only heard of it in goldilocks and the 3 bears. ha ha wish we had it here in US

Its just oatmeal! You can buy the same sort of pre packaged cups mentioned in the cereal aisle if you're wanting to give it a shot. Quaker has some varieties with dried fruits and nuts that are pretty tasty. They'd be too high cal for me for a snack but if I made it myself I would consider it as a good option. Oats have lots of fiber and enough protein to stave off hunger for a while.
  • rleider
    rleider Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do a bar (power bar or zone perfect) or sometimes just a bunch if veggies like corn and green beans.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I do a protein shake around 2:30-3:00. Typically 1 scoop protein, 100g fat free plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup milk, and 150-200g frozen fruit. Keeps me full until supper!
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    OH well that is great.. I love oatmeal