Cell-u-lite and a little loose skin

Options
rleider
rleider Posts: 14 Member
edited November 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok... long story but here goes:
So I have been up and down in weight most of my life. From 222 lbs at my highest to 132 at lowest.
At my lowest my legs were very Smooth. Now, after going back to 190 with my son (i was 165 at his conception and I'm now back down to 165), I have cellulite again. My legs aren't even that huge they just look awful. I don't wear shorts, it's just blah.
Anyways, any thoughts on skin tightening and cellulite? I have loose skin (not drastic at all) on my lower abdomen and thighs.
Thanks in advance

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    For me, it took a while for my skin to " bounce" back. I didn't wear shorts or a bikini for 9 yrs after giving birth. Lol!
    I've been at my goal for 2 yrs now and my skin has smoothed out and tightened. So give yourself some time and be kind to yourself.
    Don't be fooled by any gimmicks or weight loss type of products , none work and are a waste of money . continue to lower your body fat percentage and maybe start a progressive lifting program , if you haven't already . lifting has helped transform my body !
  • rleider
    rleider Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yea I am unfortunately disabled with spinal issues so I can't do anything beyond walking and stretching. I didn't think to put that above sorry!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    rleider wrote: »
    Yea I am unfortunately disabled with spinal issues so I can't do anything beyond walking and stretching. I didn't think to put that above sorry!

There was a lady on here the other day with really severe loose skin who swears on all that is holy rubbing coconut oil and taking a vitamin E supplement will help. I tried to find the post to link it for you, but it appears to be buried in the past. I'm not saying those will work, but she seemed pretty convinced. I think she was saying the loose skin wasn't going away after two years post weight loss when she started doing that, and then it was suddenly gone in a year. So I wouldn't take it as gospel or anything, but maybe now you have something to google?
  • JeanieBeeson
    JeanieBeeson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Loose skin is why I'm checking in as well.
    I have coconut oil & vitamin E already so may as well try it but I suspect it was time.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Loose skin is why I'm checking in as well.
    I have coconut oil & vitamin E already so may as well try it but I suspect it was time.

Who knows? I mean, to be fair, we know for sure vitamin E is good for your skin, that's just good science. Maybe the coconut oil is just a better alternative to basic lotions full of scents and paraben and things. It seems to do nice things for my hair anyway.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I cant help with suggestions for loose skin but for the cellulite I found that a high protein/low carb diet and drinking lots of water helped.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is genetic--you will either have a tendency towards it or not.

Losing more weight might help. Being physically active and well-hydrated help too, but that's about all you can do.

Coconut oil is great for skin and hair, but it's not a magic balm.