Nutrisystem

Options
Just started the Nutrisystem diet meal plan on October 29, 2015. The food so far has been pretty tasty, but very small portions. neutral: Shockingly, I haven't been too hungry. They have small portion meals set-up for you every couple of hours. I will reply to this post with my stats.

Replies

• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of nutrisystem...but I wonder how much a person learns about meal prep/planning on it..like I think it'll work till you stop using it, then you're left unable to maintain because you didn't learn the skills you might need...just my opinion, maybe people do very well after stopping.
  • cbaldridge76
    cbaldridge76 Posts: 33 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Day 1:
    • Date: 10/29/2015
    • Weight: 245 lbs.
    • Waist: 43 inch.
  • cbaldridge76
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Day 2:
    • Date: 10/30/2015
    • Weight: 244 lbs.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I considered doing that too. But the cost per month is prohibitive and as was said, how will it set you up for long term success. For me it was mostly the cost. I can eat far better for far less money and still lose weight, for free. I do know it has worked well for others though. Definitely keep us posted on how it goes for you. I would be very interested in how you find it in say 6 months.
  • thamm5
    thamm5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 2:
    • Date: 10/30/2015
    • Weight: 244 lbs.

That's great! Keep up the great work and I hope you stick to it!!
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    Day 3:
    • Date: 10/31/2015
    • Weight: 241 lbs.
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    Not sure how well the diet system is set up for long term???? Smaller portions that are preselected is a bonus since I don't have to weigh or prepare my own food. For the cost, I paid $249 for the first Month. Plus I still have to buy my own veggies, fruits and powerade zero drinks, so I figure the total food bill for the Month will be around $350 per person. So, the cost really isn't a factor for me right now. I went out to eat everyday at work for lunch. Average spending was around $10 a day for just lunches. That's $200 a Month just on my lunches. That pretty much almost paid for this program.

Not going to lie to you, but when I first opened the case of food that was shipped to my house, I thought failure right away. A focus mind and determination on losing weight is really needed for this program. So far, all the food I have had have been tasty!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's just low cals, no magic there.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    This is the program I signed up with by the way. Came with FREE shakes.

0902w2svgmgb.jpg
    So I have been on Nutrisystem since March and I have lost 50+ lbs. it is a little pricey but it has literally been a life saver for me. I am also looking into the future when I no longer am on the program. The program is simple, in that the meals are already prepared. However, you still have to weigh and measure the food you add in. I have to buy fruit, veggies, meat, and whichever other proteins and smart carbs I want. To the OP, if you are not adding those things in then you are not getting all your food in. If you're doing the fast five,it is very restrictive to help you get the first big weight loss. After the five days you will be adding your own proteins and carbs daily
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    I have gone to Krogers (Michigan Store) and buy the small packs of carrots & celery that equal to 4 serving sizes, since the program allows for four serving. I also buy bagged fruit for servings as well. So far, So good!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    What's your plan when you're done with the nutrisystem? Do you plan on counting your calories and weighing your foods?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Did you know we have two very active groups of NutriSystem users? Might be a good place to connect with others who are following the plan.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105493-nutrisystem-group-users

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105465-ns
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    Day 4:
    • Date: 11/01/2015
    • Weight: 241 lbs.
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    Yesterday Meal:
    Breakfast Muffin: 150 cal.
    Breakfast Chocolate Shake: 180 cal.
    Lunch White Bean Chili: 180 cal.
    Mid-Afternoon Shake: 180 cal.
    Dinner: Italian Flatbread Pizza: 220 cal.
    Snack: 16oz. baby carrots about 200 cal.
    120 oz. water whole day

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    Yesterday Meal:
    Breakfast Muffin: 150 cal.
    Breakfast Chocolate Shake: 180 cal.
    Lunch White Bean Chili: 180 cal.
    Mid-Afternoon Shake: 180 cal.
    Dinner: Italian Flatbread Pizza: 220 cal.
    Snack: 16oz. baby carrots about 200 cal.
    120 oz. water whole day

So you only ate 1110 calories the whole day?
  • silvara7
    silvara7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of trying one of these types of plans for awhile now because prep and cooking are terribly difficult due to back and hip pain. Pre-prepared food that's healthy would really help me to not graze on the iffy stuff all day.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Listen you can do this at home without paying $$$$ for it.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I am glad you have found something that you think can work for you. If you can not or do not do lots of home cooking it sounds like a good plan. It would not be a plan for me, but anything that keeps you in a calorie deficit is going to be effective. From what I understand, as the plan progresses, you add more and more of your own food in. Keep us posted.