Nutrisystem

Options

Replies

• cbaldridge76
    cbaldridge76 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been eating around 1200 cals. the last 4 days and I have been walking on the treadmill the last two days a half hour each day.
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    I work 12 hours a day, Monday thru Friday.....prepared meals have really helped. I am going to give this an honest try!
    silvara7 wrote: »
    I've been thinking of trying one of these types of plans for awhile now because prep and cooking are terribly difficult due to back and hip pain. Pre-prepared food that's healthy would really help me to not graze on the iffy stuff all day.

• daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I have been eating around 1200 cals. the last 4 days and I have been walking on the treadmill the last two days a half hour each day.

So after this "fast 5+" period is over, I hope your daily calorie intake increases, as 1200 calories is not enough for a male. Good work adding in the walking, it is so good for you.
  • LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you have to add in your own fruits, vegetables, proteins, and carbs, what is left that they send you? Genuine question.
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    LuckyAndi wrote: »
    If you have to add in your own fruits, vegetables, proteins, and carbs, what is left that they send you? Genuine question.
    I just add in fruit and veggies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    NS provides the actual meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Similar to buying lean cuisines as the meal. I would strongly suggest the op join one of the NS groups. During the fast five its really advised that you don't exercise as the calories are very limited. I guess he has not read all the information that he was sent because what he is saying is not how Nutrisystem truly works.
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    BTW......Exercise is required to stay healthy. It ask when joining the plan how active one person is and is built around the activity level. So, that statement is false.
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    Day 5:
    • Date: 11/02/2015
    • Weight: 240 lbs.
    • Waist: 43 inch.
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    NS provides the actual meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Similar to buying lean cuisines as the meal. I would strongly suggest the op join one of the NS groups. During the fast five its really advised that you don't exercise as the calories are very limited. I guess he has not read all the information that he was sent because what he is saying is not how Nutrisystem truly works.

From the Nutrisystem website FAQ section:

Regular physical activity is an important component to lifelong weight management, and overall health and wellness. At Nutrisystem, we encourage our customers to achieve national health recommendations of 150 minutes of moderately intense physical activity each week.

• OhMsDiva
    Options
    No worries mate. I was not trying to be negative. Good luck to you
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I did the MFP way and lost 121 pounds for free. ;)
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Systems like this make it simple to cut calories, and usually result in short-term success, but you have to be careful once you stop buying their meals. You're not really learning how to make your own food choices that will keep you at your goal weight.
  • OhMsDiva
    Options
    Systems like this make it simple to cut calories, and usually result in short-term success, but you have to be careful once you stop buying their meals. You're not really learning how to make your own food choices that will keep you at your goal weight.

I think that goes without saying. I do plan to stay on the program for a while longer. Fortunately I have found others that were on the program and now aren't and have successfully kept the weight off. That is part of the reason that mfp has been a blessing for me, because Nutrisystem does not require you to count calories. You just follow their plan, which is a set amount of calories, but you reach the calories by eating the amount of add ins that they tell you to along with the prepared meals.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    BTW......Exercise is required to stay healthy. It ask when joining the plan how active one person is and is built around the activity level. So, that statement is false.

It's hard for me to believe that someone would build a calorie count of 1,100 for an active male.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

It's hard for me to believe that someone would build a calorie count of 1,100 for an active male.

OP, I just wanted to second this, I hope you are eating more than you listed. If you are exercising and only eating 1,100 or 1,200 cals, you are going to lose ALOT of muscle and risk nutrition deficiencies. The minimum calories a grown man should be eating is 1,500, and more if you are exercising. Please take care of yourself.
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    Day 6:
    • Date: 11/03/2015
    • Weight: 239.5
    • Waist: 43 inch.
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    Day 7:
    • Date: 11/04/2015
    • Weight: 239
    • Waist: 42 inch.
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    Day 8:
    • Date: 11/05/2015
    • Weight: 238
    • Waist: 42 inch.
  • cbaldridge76
    Options
    Day 9:
    • Date: 11/06/2015
    • Weight: 237 lbs.
    • Waist: 42inch.
  • xKoalaBearx
    xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Nutrisystem works. IF you follow it. AND you learn it's lessons. Because in the end, it's all about calories in vs calories out. Do you need NS to lose weight? No. But obviously there is a demand for programs like this, because people, like me, don't know where to begin.

I started out at around 200 lbs November 1, 2014, when I started Nutrisystem. My initial goal was to lose 20 lbs, which I did pretty easily, so I went for another 20 lbs, which took longer, but I wasn't struggling... so I thought, what the hell... go for my ridiculous dream weight... 140 lbs (60 lb loss). I achieved that this past June and have been maintaining since. I am still reverse dieting to find out my maintenance calories. And currently am up to about 2150 cal/day. All throughout, I've been using MFP to log my food and exercise. I also follow principles of IIFYM... but using the macro recommendations of MFP.

My cholesterol and diabetes blood work, which used to be bad are now all in the ideal ranges. All my electrolytes, kidney, liver tests are normal as well.

I learned many things about eating and fitness in the past year. I respectfully disagree with OhMsDiva in that you don't count calories with NS. In fact, I think that counting calories is actually the whole basis of NS if you boil it down. Staying around your calorie goals, while still adding in the other foods. This is where people fail once they go off it... they don't realize that during your journey, you need to learn how to live within your calorie limits. There's nothing magic about the food. They are just 150-300 calorie servings of food. I just enjoyed it because I didn't have to think, or shop for entrees... meanwhile, learning how to weigh my other food, count and budget calories.

There are a lot of people who are negative about NS, but having first hand knowledge about it, I can tell you it works. Even though it's not the only way to lose weight... it is A way. What's working for me right now is that I'm pretty much doing exactly what I was doing while I was losing weight, only now, I'm just eating more. I never restricted any type of food that I love to eat. So I still have ice cream and/or chocolate and/or chips every single day. I just stay within my calorie limits.

Message me if you have any questions. There's too much to put in a message board post.

Keep fighting!!

KB