Peanut Butters

Options
2»

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I buy the Central Market brand organic peanut butter at HEB. Nothin' but peanuts.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I love nut butter!
  • mixmastermel_b
    mixmastermel_b Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i switched over to almond butters. i love maple almond butter from justins. it comes in an individual packet so you can't eat the whole jar. i usually buy it from amazon b/c i can't find it in any of my local stores. amazon's prices are decent too.

http://www.justinsnutbutter.com/
  • trc117
    trc117 Posts: 18
    Options
    My new favorite peanut butter is an all natural and I am in love with it. It's by Peanut Butter & Co and its called The Bee's Knees. I get it at walmart. its more expensive than the other peanut butters but the only ingredients in it are peanuts, evaporated cane juice, honey, natural honey flavor, palm fruit oil and salt. No added sugars or HFCS. My husbands only compaint about it is the granules stuff in it which i assume is the salt.

um.... evaporated cane juice, honey - those are added sugars
    "natural honey flavor" - wtf is that?
    palm fruit oil? why?

this is an example of a peanut butter to put back on the shelf.
    hmm.. thanks for clearing that up with the wtf
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Read the ingredients. They should say:
    Ingredients: Peanuts

If it lists other ingredients, put it back on the shelf.

This has nothing to do about what you posted, but...is that "The Stig" as your profile pic? If so, my boys are huge fans :smile:
  • ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My new favorite peanut butter is an all natural and I am in love with it. It's by Peanut Butter & Co and its called The Bee's Knees. I get it at walmart. its more expensive than the other peanut butters but the only ingredients in it are peanuts, evaporated cane juice, honey, natural honey flavor, palm fruit oil and salt. No added sugars or HFCS. My husbands only compaint about it is the granules stuff in it which i assume is the salt.

palm fruit oil? why?

I eat all of the Peanut butter and co. peanut butters. It sure ain't going to kill me and I love it!
  • ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

palm fruit oil? why?

I eat all of the Peanut butter and co. peanut butters. It sure ain't going to kill me and I love it!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
  • raaynes
    raaynes Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm a huge peanut butter addict (recovering - day 2). I've switched to PB2 (http://www.bellplantation.com/), which is actually powdered peanut butter. You just add water. Tastes great, and comes in chocolate flavour! It's fairly natural, from what I can tell. The only ingredients are peanuts, salt, and sugar. The best part? 45 calories per TWO TABLESPOONS. Unreal.

Anyways, just one more option to consider.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    The Stig knows all.
  • leahlou622
    leahlou622 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    pb2, bell plantation...look it up. 45 cals/ 2 tbsp. organic. yummy.
  • meinco
    meinco Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    At my whole foods you can grind your own butters. it truly is just whatever nut you choose in whatever amount you want. I absolutely LOVE the pecan butter. Super expensive but a nice yummy treat.
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I like "Better n' Peanut Butter" because it's low-fat and low-sodium. I also like almond butter. :smile: