Cut My Hair Off For Locks of Love

Options
I went and cut my hair off and donated it to Locks of Love. Because of my donation, the salon cut my hair for free. I tried to pay, insisted on it, but they wouldn't here it.

BEFORE

251710_221574117866711_100000423742504_838366_5469691_n.jpg

AFTER

248950_221574141200042_100000423742504_838367_1525185_n.jpg

Replies

• helvetikat
    helvetikat Posts: 21
    Options
    That's awesome! I've always wanted to do LoL, but my hair takes too long to grow out!
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I did it once years ago, but I haven't had the patience to grow it back out since then :D Your new cut looks fantastic!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! - I love it short!! That is really great of them to not charge you.
    Have a great day!!
  • sarahemily86
    sarahemily86 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! :-) I've donated twice, and when it gets long enough I'll be doing it again!
  • KayleighDawn13
    Options
    That's awesome! I've done it four times but now I keep my hair too short to do that! I like your hair better short!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You're an excellent person and your new cut is very pretty.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    CONGRATS.....GOOD for you....:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • katt2360
    katt2360 Posts: 12
    Options
    Love the new hair cut. I have done it 3 times now. My oldest daughter did it once, and my youngest daughter did it twice.
  • beckyann858
    beckyann858 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Your new cut looks great! I did it once and it was a great feeling--a fresh new look, and helping out a great cause all at once! :happy:
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    So awesome! I've done it a few times too. Been thinking of doing again soon, just have to figure out what length I want my shorter hair to be at. :tongue:

The new cut looks nice on you and knowing you've helped someone else out is a great feeling too. :flowerforyou:
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I found out about this too late. It was after I had my waist length hair cut off. Shame on the salon for not suggesting it.
  • lmoldes
    lmoldes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Very cool of you and your salon. Pay it forward.
  • mrdalton
    mrdalton Posts: 97
    Options
    I love it - you look cute with short hair. I am doing the opposite. My hair is short and I thought since this weight loss journey will take a year or more Id try to grow mine out and see a major difference in my appearance. But props to you for such a selfless act. :)
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Love the new cut! I just donated on Tuesday cut off 14 inches. :)
  • mrdalton
    mrdalton Posts: 97
    Options
    I love it - you look cute with short hair. I am doing the opposite. My hair is short and I thought since this weight loss journey will take a year or more Id try to grow mine out and see a major difference in my appearance. But props to you for such a selfless act. :)
  • iwlizz
    iwlizz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    love the cut! Wicked cute!
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    I just cut mine for Locks of Love for the fourth or fifth time and I don't think I've ever gotten a free haircut out of the deal! But I do get the thank you postcards, and the satisfaction of knowing that my ridiculous ability to grow long hair is going to help a girl feel a little bit better about herself at such a hard time.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Love the new cut!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I donated 12 inches last Fall, my head felt so much lighter. Lol!
  • mardavlais
    mardavlais Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What a *great* cause! Bravo! Your new cut looks great. :)