Here we go .... Wanna come?..... You should so come

Options
Hey Everyone!
My name is Stephy and I am down 80 lbs so far but need to lose about 20-30 more.
I am 27
I collect comic books
I game casually
I love hiking for exercise
I plan to someday run a marathon (shooting for around may)
I am terrified to join the gym i know how silly that sounds but I really am looking for some friends on here to chat around with to give and get support. If you think we may have some things in common or similar goals please add me! I think support and a shoulder to lean on is a really important part of a healthy lifestyle!
Nice meeting you all

Replies

• rodneytracy
    rodneytracy Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like
  • Jessiekp0406
    Jessiekp0406 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me!! We could all use some more supporters!
  • girls_read_comics
    girls_read_comics Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me!! We could all use some more supporters!

Thank you jess and rodney! I am so afraid of failing at this. I spent so much of my life overweight and my goal is only 20 lbs away but it feels like its not even possible
  • JamieK84
    JamieK84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow, 80 lbs already, that is AWESOME! You are definitely an inspiration. I am trying to lose about 100 lbs and it's definitely daunting to start out. I also enjoy comic books and gaming. Please feel free to add me; we can cheer each other on.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. More people are afraid of joining a gym/going to one than you'd think. Anyway, congrats on the 80 lbs down already! I've lost a little over 20 and need to lose about 80 more so we are reversed haha.
  • girls_read_comics
    Options
    Feel free to add me. More people are afraid of joining a gym/going to one than you'd think. Anyway, congrats on the 80 lbs down already! I've lost a little over 20 and need to lose about 80 more so we are reversed haha.

I am so glad that I am not the only person with gym anxiety!
    Congrats on your success! I am going to add you i hope its ok
  • girls_read_comics
    Options
    JamieK84 wrote: »
    Wow, 80 lbs already, that is AWESOME! You are definitely an inspiration. I am trying to lose about 100 lbs and it's definitely daunting to start out. I also enjoy comic books and gaming. Please feel free to add me; we can cheer each other on.

The weirdest thing is I have collected comics since I was about 14 years old . i am now 27 I get treated as less knowledgeable in the comic book community now since losing the weight . Like men want to give me pop quizzes in the stores and at cons now.
    Losing weight has always been such a slow process for me. I am trying not to rush it. It seems so close and yet so far away! I added you btw and look forward to getting to know you !
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

The weirdest thing is I have collected comics since I was about 14 years old . i am now 27 I get treated as less knowledgeable in the comic book community now since losing the weight . Like men want to give me pop quizzes in the stores and at cons now.
    Losing weight has always been such a slow process for me. I am trying not to rush it. It seems so close and yet so far away! I added you btw and look forward to getting to know you !

A lot of that is, I'd imagine, from a certain vein of misogyny in geek / comic culture.
  • girls_read_comics
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

A lot of that is, I'd imagine, from a certain vein of misogyny in geek / comic culture.

There really is!
  • girls_read_comics
    Options
    You can add me if you like

I added you ^\^
  • pandamorous
    pandamorous Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm in many of the same boats (need to lose weight, occasional gaming, terrified of the gym etc) hopefully we can motivate each other!
  • girls_read_comics
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm in many of the same boats (need to lose weight, occasional gaming, terrified of the gym etc) hopefully we can motivate each other!

That would be great it says i cannot add you for some reason
  • sdmartn86
    sdmartn86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me and have 212 total to lose, and the 80 already line was inspiring. I try to game as often as possible, so can offer some conversation there. :). Feel free to add
  • girls_read_comics
    Options
    stvnmrtn wrote: »
    Day 1 for me and have 212 total to lose, and the 80 already line was inspiring. I try to game as often as possible, so can offer some conversation there. :). Feel free to add
    Adding you
    Instant best friends lol
  • smitup
    smitup Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Totally understand the gym nerves. Took me years to join one. Constantly comparing myself to others was the issue. I started going early and found that people at the gym at 5:30 in the morning were there to work. My dad always had a saying...W.A.S.U...Work And Shut Up. That's what i did. Found a workout plan, plugged in the earbuds and hit the weights. Hard! The results came, which is great to see have come for you as well losing 80 pounds! Awesome by the way! Very awesome! What i'm getting at is now i'm hooked. The gym is my second home. Every morning. Not saying you can't achieve your goals without a gym but it certainly has helped me striving to meet mine. Absolutely feel free to add me if you'd like. I love offering positive motivation and game a bit myself so i'm sure i'd enjoy some of those conversations as well. :smiley: