I'm 55 and it's hard to lose; could use some people my age

Options
Hi all! I'm at that age where losing is hard, and I have a lot to lose. Anyone else my age need some extra support? Let's do it together!

Replies

• theresalynnvautour
    Options
    Hello. Just add me as well.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    i'm here too.. it is possible !
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

Just like many of us 50ters :)

95069916.png
  • saynop
    saynop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me in,plus trying to control prediabetes.
  • Tiki1960
    Tiki1960 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You've done great! Can I send you a friend request? Thanks!
  • mos95b345
    mos95b345 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started tracking this week. I turn 51 next week.

All I know for certain, since I am still in the "Doctor is looking into it" stage is how much weight I want to lose based on the fact that my BMI is 41.

I have the fun, though, of bad knees and hips due to not being quite as safe as I probably should have in the Army...
  • lilyrunner
    lilyrunner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 58. I started my "Get Healthy" goal in 2013 and since then I have lost about 80 pounds. I had to change my lifestyle - what I ate, how much I ate, and become more physically active. I just took it slow and it paid off. My blood sugar is normal and I am not taking any medications. Just start out slow and work your way into being healthy. No magic bullet...because you are the magic bullet! Good Luck.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    lilyrunner wrote: »
    Hi, I am 58. I started my "Get Healthy" goal in 2013 and since then I have lost about 80 pounds. I had to change my lifestyle - what I ate, how much I ate, and become more physically active. I just took it slow and it paid off. My blood sugar is normal and I am not taking any medications. Just start out slow and work your way into being healthy. No magic bullet...because you are the magic bullet! Good Luck.

Thanks for sharing!