Exercising at home?

Options
Hey guys! I was wondering how many of you workout at home and what workouts do you do? And for what areas of body? I need some examples so I can kick start this journey :))

Replies

• questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    People have spoken highly of fitness blender, I believe it's a mix of different videos and workouts.

Personally, I follow "you are your own gym". It's a book and a smartphone app. I got the book from the library and the app was $2.99 I believe. Best $3 I ever spent, it is a serious workout. All you need is a table, chair, door and towel and you've got everything you need for the workout.
  • rpeds
    rpeds Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been using dollarworkoutclub.com, I've followed Natalie Hodson on Facebook for years and I'm so excited she is doing this. It's literally $1 a week, no contracts, etc. You get 5 workout videos, 5 healthy recipes and 5 motivational videos a week. I am loving it. I have a 4 month old baby and workout when she's napping and these workouts are all under 20 minutes!
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I run in my neighborhood and lift in my home gym. It works for me.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I can't possibly recommend fitnessblender enough! Free on youtube! There are dozens and dozens of videos, some as short as 8 minutes or as long as 90 minutes (and all times in between). Cardio, kickboxing, HIIT, strength, etc. I never get bored. I have lost 75 pounds doing fitnessblender videos in my basement (and eating at a deficit of course). I did eventually invest in a set of adjustable weights to use with the strength videos, but that's not necessary.
  • downa100
    downa100 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Beachbody I do 30 minute workouts 6 days a week. They are great workout and very affordable. Message me if u want more details
  • lisasmilz
    lisasmilz Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I run and do P90X and work out with free weights and Bosu ball for my home workouts in addition to my gym workouts. I recommend Sworkit Pro, Nike Training and Yoga Studio apps as well to use at home. YouTube Fitness Blender workouts are also good too. If you have a Pinterest account you can find some great workouts on there as well.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I have a trainer who is expert at using whatever in is the house as equipment. I only have kettlebells and stretch bands and a 3' foot ball. I end up using stairs, railings, doors, chairs, rugs,sofas.

I've also used the "you are your own gym" book
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I downloaded this free app on my phone called lindora trainer. It has all kinds of workouts you can do at home. It also has a built in personal trainer. It's so cool. There are plenty of free apps I also have a squat challenge app that is also free
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I have to chime in in favor of Fitness Blender. Nice range of exercises each with different ranges of difficulty (you have the option of how hard to make it). As good a program as any.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Walk at home with Leslie Sansone works for me because I had not exercised in years and I dont have to do a lot of jumping around
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Lost most of my 121 pounds working out from home. ;)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I second Leslie Sansone Walk at Home Videos. I lost all my weight (22 lbs) walking with her in my kitchen. I now walk out doors when the weather permits but I still walk with Leslie a few times a week.
  • jenathp
    jenathp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am loving the Biggest Loser Power Walk series you can find them on YouTube. I do them in my office at home.
  • Nezmona
    Nezmona Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There's plenty of amazing full length workouts on YouTube for people of any fitness level (and absolutely free of charge which is a great bonus). Now I am hooked on dancing exercises (make sure you don't choose anything too strenous when starting), but there's so much to choose from. Best of luck:)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    Walk at home with Leslie Sansone works for me because I had not exercised in years and I dont have to do a lot of jumping around

Leslie is great for cardio - no equipment needed. Also check out Jessica Smith TV (www.jessicasmithtv.com/) - she has all kinds of workouts, high and low impact.

I have cardio days and strength training days. I do Leslie (or Jessica) for cardio days.... and total body strength training on other days. Look for bodyweight exercise if you don't have any weights. You can't spot reduce anyway, so all around strength training is good.

Here's Leslies YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia
    They sell DVDs at Wal-Mart, Target, etc (newer videos have better music). You can check your local library too.
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    when I workout at home I do Kettlebells or Beach Body programmes. x
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    OhMsDiva wrote: »

Leslie is great for cardio - no equipment needed. Also check out Jessica Smith TV (www.jessicasmithtv.com/) - she has all kinds of workouts, high and low impact.

I have cardio days and strength training days. I do Leslie (or Jessica) for cardio days.... and total body strength training on other days. Look for bodyweight exercise if you don't have any weights. You can't spot reduce anyway, so all around strength training is good.

Here's Leslies YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia
    They sell DVDs at Wal-Mart, Target, etc (newer videos have better music). You can check your local library too.

I was thinking I should be incorporating some type of strength training into my workouts. I am going to look into that. Thank you
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    depends what you like I love leslie Sansone and Richard Simmons I just like to have fun and do it by myself. Check out your library and see what dvd's they have and try some things out and then what you love you can buy on half.com
  • happyhomemaker88
    Options
    I use Leslie Sansone's walking DVD "5 Really Big Miles". Awesome and effective!
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i do my workouts at home....its free...lol....i have some basic equipment i've had for a long time. But i also like looking for body weight exercises online...lots of stuff to find...you know squats, lunges, push ups...the basics to get you going...finding different ways of doing things keeps it interesting and motivational too..