how many times a week do you work out?

Options

Replies

• niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Usually 30-50 min per day & 5-6x per week. I'm finishing up P90X3 and am mixing it with some Les Mills programs now (also around 30 min). I plan to do another round of P90X3 but a different schedule to see what would happen!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    How many times a week do you work out and how long for? Just curious to hear people's different routines.

Depends what you mean by "working out". If you mean exercise ... every day ... and it varies.

• foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    4 days a week. I may toss some cardio in on other days, but only really push it 4 days.
  • nethanh
    nethanh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5x per week, cardio before and after workout. Strength training is my main focus, usually about an hour per workout.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    4x per week, for an hour to and hour and a half. Lifting and no cardio.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Mostly 5x but sometimes if I feel like it 6x. When sick, I scale back alot and do mostly yoga and light stretching with 1 cardio day.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    minimum 3 s week for minimum 45 mins each time. I don't faff around though - no resting for ages between sets or anything like that. Beast Mode as much as possible. That's for weights. I also swim on saturday mornings for about 1/2 hour while my daughter has lessons. I always end up walking around quite a lot on the weekends too.

If I didn't make it to the gym for any reason then I will try to get off bus early and walk to the car (time permitting).

When I'm having a good week (as in nothing at work to stop me from going to the gym - I work out at lunchtime) I do weights 4x for about 50-55 mins and 1 x boxing for 50 mins during the week + my swimming.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    4, but going to do 8 now.
  • madammags
    madammags Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do weight training 3 times per week, using the NROL Supercharged programs (which include finishing up with some cardio intervals), running 2 times per week (once with some intervals, once steady pace), and 2 'rest' days where I either do yoga, go for a long walk, or go swimming.
    So I do *something* every day, but have two days per week where that something is fairly low key.
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Every day. Just not the same type of workout. 5 days weight training. 2 days cardio. Also abs at least twice aweek
  • lisasmilz
    lisasmilz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I workout 7 days a week. My workouts vary. I normally workout at the gym doing cardio/weights. I like to mix it up and do other workouts as well; running, kickboxing, boot camp, etc... I also have equipment (free weights, kettle bell, Bosu ball, TRX) and DVD's at home that I do if I can't make it to the gym.
  • dn0pes
    dn0pes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually workout 4-5 times a week - Run 3+/- miles almost everyday - I have gotten to where I prefer to running over working out - I'm running my first 5k race next Sunday.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    3-5 times a week.
    3 of those are classes which I pretty regularly attend. The other two is weight training. Due to personal circumstances I have not been able to get those in reguraly. Hopefully after things calm down again after next week I can go back to five.
  • kayleexbabeex
    kayleexbabeex Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. It's good to hear different people's views on how long they exercise/workout for. I aim for 5days per week but sometimes it has been 4. I do around 3/4 days cardio at the gym and the other 2days I do a toning dvd based on strength and toning.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I go for a walk outside every day, no matter the weather. For about an hour, as close to noon as I can (for sun exposure). Really enjoy that; I get stir-crazy if I don't make it for some reason.

Lift weights about every other day, so 3x a week.

Then go sprinting once a week or so.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    5x a week in the gym plus walking every day and physical therapy 2x a week. My routine is about half strength training and half cardio for between an 60 minutes and 2 hours, depending on my schedule.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Every day I'm not working and some of the days I do work. I take pole once a week, lift 3-4x week for about an hour, and run 3-4x usually between 2-4 miles.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    About 6x a week for me. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays I lift at home. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my cardio days. I do about an hour, except on Saturdays where I'm at the gym and can spend up to two hours in there.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 2-5x/week. I try to lift 3x/week (SL5x5), but if my schedule gets in the way it may only happen twice (currently monday, thursday, saturday). I play Ultimate in the summer and ski in the winter, so that is 1x/week. Since I'm between sports right now I'm trying to run 1-2x/week to increase endurance.