Starting Over

Options
Hey there!

My name is Ashley Mayo and I'm a junior in college that will be turning 21 in March. I'm 5'10 and weigh about 210 pounds but I don't look anywhere near that heavy. I've been battling with my weight on and off for a while and it never fails, every single time I start on a change in health and lifestyle I completely fall off after a few months and end right back at square one. After a long break and dealing with the stress of this semester, I'm trying to get back on track. Today was day one of me working towards my goals since it's the start of a new month. I've been following Blogilates for some time and I've gone back to using her workout calendars to help me follow a plan because I'm not the type to just make up workouts, I need instructions or at least some kind of guidelines. I've also looked into Tone It Up and Nerd Fitness. I use a Fitbit to track my steps, my school is pretty big so I do a lot of walking throughout the week and I drink plenty of water daily. My biggest issue is my sweet tooth. It's not even that I eat a lot, I just eat a lot of crap sometimes. I'm just trying to motivate myself, for the millionth time because I noticed I've put on a little weight due to my bad eating habits and I don't like the way I feel in my clothes. I don't think anyone else notices but I do of course, which is really what's important. I just want to stop failing myself. I want to feel good in my skin and in my clothes. I want to be proud of the body I've created and I already know the goals I want to accomplish, I just have to accomplish them!

Looking forward to meeting new people in the same boat as me!

Replies

• kotzey32
    kotzey32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nicely written! I hear you though, nutrition is my weakness and I plan to put it in to high gear now! We can do this!!!!

• dubaiamys
    dubaiamys Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We're all in this together
  • shawnashauntia
    shawnashauntia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Goodluck with Blogilates I've done her videos off and on currently working on the Beginner 2.0 calendar
  • nlroundabout
    nlroundabout Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Boy, that sounds familiar. I find that when I can stop the sugar for 2-3 days, I'm more in control.
  • AshBandicoot_
    AshBandicoot_ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Boy, that sounds familiar. I find that when I can stop the sugar for 2-3 days, I'm more in control.

I might need to try and give up sugar for a few days. I do love sweet coffee tho so that's also my weakness lol
  • AshBandicoot_
    Options
    Goodluck with Blogilates I've done her videos off and on currently working on the Beginner 2.0 calendar

I've done her beginners calendar before. I have a really sensitive tailbone area so I can't do her ab exercises because that's going to gradually cause inflammation and I can't deal with that right now but everything else I try to keep up with. I like her tho, she actually kind of motivates me to workout. I planned to get her new fitness journal once it's released.
  • AshBandicoot_
    Options
    kotzey32 wrote: »
    Nicely written! I hear you though, nutrition is my weakness and I plan to put it in to high gear now! We can do this!!!!

We certainly can!! I've been trying to cut back my portion sizes and replace juice with water because I love lemonade and fruit juice. I'm still working on my palate for vegetables unfortunately. I don't know why I don't like vegetables, it's so embarrassing to tell people lol
  • AshBandicoot_
    Options
    dubaiamys wrote: »
    We're all in this together

Yep (: