Feeling sick after eating

Options
After eating meals, even just small snacks I always feel physically sick afterwards. Sort of like a vomit feeling and also bad stomach pains... Has anyone ever felt this way after eating, not sure if I should be concerned?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Any chance of pregnancy?
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Any chance of pregnancy?

Aha no chance of pregnancy and it's only been happening the past fortnight so I don't think I should be going to a doctor just yet.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes when I fast
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What is your weight and height? How many calories are you averaging?
  • eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should be concerned. See a health care professional about it ASAP.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    KT_3009 wrote: »
    Any chance of pregnancy?

Aha no chance of pregnancy and it's only been happening the past fortnight so I don't think I should be going to a doctor just yet.
    Okay then :smiley: we can move on.
    Have you been over restricting yourself?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Pain and nausea when you eat, but you don't want to go to the doctor because this has "only" been going on for weeks?

While I wouldn't suggest getting so concerned that you get yourself all worked up into a frenzy, I would suggest that you get concerned enough to call the doctor and ask them if they think that the fact that for the last couple weeks, you've had pain and nausea when you eat is a good reason to make an appointment.
  • KT_3009
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

I'm 5'3-5'4 and 146.2lbs so I've put my weightloss in 1.5lbs per week. I'm averaging anything between 1000-1300 a day, so I don't think I'm under eating. It's just been a pain when I feel sick so I don't necessarily feel hungry..
  • KT_3009
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Pain and nausea when you eat, but you don't want to go to the doctor because this has "only" been going on for weeks?

While I wouldn't suggest getting so concerned that you get yourself all worked up into a frenzy, I would suggest that you get concerned enough to call the doctor and ask them if they think that the fact that for the last couple weeks, you've had pain and nausea when you eat is a good reason to make an appointment.

That's a good idea! The reason I haven't been to the doctors yet is because I thought it may have been just side effects from my medication, but it's still been happening after I've stopped the medication.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

I'm 5'3-5'4 and 146.2lbs so I've put my weightloss in 1.5lbs per week. I'm averaging anything between 1000-1300 a day, so I don't think I'm under eating. It's just been a pain when I feel sick so I don't necessarily feel hungry..

You are. With your stats, you should have your goal set to a half a pound a week. Remember that you eat 1200 as a base and earn more through exercise.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

You are. With your stats, you should have your goal set to a half a pound a week. Remember that you eat 1200 as a base and earn more through exercise.

Agree.

• ShanazAsiya
    ShanazAsiya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    After eating meals, even just small snacks I always feel physically sick afterwards. Sort of like a vomit feeling and also bad stomach pains... Has anyone ever felt this way after eating, not sure if I should be concerned?
    I feel the same way I don't know why because it's not like I stuff myself with food so I don't feel stuffed but I feel like whatever I ate will come up I just had cereal and i'm feeling kind of sick right now. when I first got the pain it was at night after I had my dinner so I thought it was because I ate so late but I got the pain again it the morning. :/:s:/:|

• KT_3009
    Options

Really?! I was recommended by a P.T at my gym to go for 1-1.5lbs per week. I have been finding it hard to eat back any exercise calories unless I'm eating bad foods. I can't eat breakfast and any meals or snacks through the day make me feel sick and less hungry so even 1300 calories is hard to achieve.
  • KT_3009
    Options
    I feel the same way I don't know why because it's not like I stuff myself with food so I don't feel stuffed but I feel like whatever I ate will come up I just had cereal and i'm feeling kind of sick right now. when I first got the pain it was at night after I had my dinner so I thought it was because I ate so late but I got the pain again it the morning. :/:s:/:|

This happens to me mostly after dinner as well even if I have it relatively early. At least I know I'm not the only one aha! I think mine might have something to do with having to eat my food within a small amount of hours. I don't normally have my first meal until after 12.30pm so normally my lunch and dinner are my two meals and one-two snacks if I feel okay.
  • anicamwagner
    anicamwagner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you feel sick after certain foods? When I'm training I can't eat gluten or dairy because of the stomach aches so maybe its a food irritation. Do you eat directly after working out and is it typically in liquid form, like smoothies or protein shakes? This can unset the stomach as well because there's not enough solids in the stomach and can cause nausea. At least this is what I have experienced personally.
  • KT_3009
    Options
    The only drinks apart from water I drink is green tea X50 which is just a sachet you put in water and coke zero. I find that no matter what foods whether healthy or unhealthy I have that ill feeling for hours after I eat.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Have you tried getting rid of the green tea X50?
  • KT_3009
    Options
    Have you tried getting rid of the green tea X50?

I didn't have any of the green tea X50 for two days just to check if it may have been that, but it still ended up being the same! I think I might book in for a doctors appointment sometime this week!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It could be something serious like gall bladder or gallstones. It could be a delayed after effect of meds. It could be bleeding caused by meds or something else. It could be your diet/nutrition. It could be nothing. But strangers on the internet have no way to know. Best to see a doc or at least call nurse.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. I'm finally going to a new doctor for a full physical and a referral to see a gastro (my last series of doctors ended with telling me to continue to take OTC antacid pills).

It's something GERD related, I believe, but I'm so tired of feeling sick so often.