(POST 2) BATTLE OF THE BULGE Summer Slimdown Challenge!!!

Options

Replies

• ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! I've been pushing it on my sugar goal, but it's almost all been fruit.
    When I crave something sweet, I go for skinny cow! 100 calorie ice cream, and it even tastes better than most of the regular fatty ice cream I've eaten!! I get horrible cravings for cakey treats occassionally. I actually keep a can of frosting in the fridge for those emergencies and have a teaspoon, and it silences the craving! It's 75 calories (half serving) and I would rather attend to the craving and waste the 75 calories than ignore it til it gets worse because I'll binge. Fortunately, I rarely get those cravings anymore :)
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well not sure I will make this challenge. I usually go over because of fruit. I started watching carbs instead of sugars because I do not eat much refined sugar and dont really like too many sweets, but I love love love fruit especially in the summer. I will give it a go, but usually my protein shake in the morning sends me over or pretty close to the 20g i have listed for sugars.

Have a fabulous day!!!
  • andtian
    andtian Posts: 47
    Options
    ---
    If I have almonds or almost anything I use those 100 calorie zip lock baggies and count each item out (12 almonds, 23 grapes, 4 crackers, 15 chips)…then I write the # calories it is on the bag and throw them all (except cold foods) in a big bowl on my counter…then when I’m cravin something, I go for those and can see exactly how many calories its worth!!! Or I buy 100 calorie prepacked snacks if I’m feeling lazy.

for those who are lazy like me and doesn't want to work out how much is 100cal of a lot of things.. here is a list I found from one British show, so most things are a bit british, but it gives you an idea...

http://www.channel4.com/4food/on-tv/my-big-fat-diet-show/extras/100-calorie-full-list/display/page/1
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I was out of the loop yesterday because I was working a double and as a server I had no time lol. I am happy to say I did not go over calories, I was running all day long while making money which is always good. I unknowlingly accomplished the challenge I always drink 120ish oz of water a day. I love it. when I get craving ice cream at the shoppe I drink water and go outside and avoid the sweet smell. I have the worst sweet tooth ever. I did weigh this morning becaue I have changed my diet completely and the changes are working because I have lost 2 lbs since monday. Gives me an extra pep in my step for sure. I hope all my fellow bobers have a great day.
    Happy losing,
    Lesley
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I met the water challenge for yesterday.:drinker: ...It was easy since we are having a heat wave. I really think the water makes a difference. I am going to really focus on getting my water everyday.

I have a serious sweet tooth. I have been managing it very well since joining MFP. I used to reach into the candy bowl on my co-workers desk everyday (more than once a day :blushing: ) and is a big part of why I am here. I must say I haven't touched that candy bowl since I started here.

I try to chew gum when the sugary urge strikes me at work. I like the Trident layers gum. In the evenings I enjoy a weight watchers chocolate raspberry bar. They are 80 calories and 8 grams of sugar.
  • juliee77x
    juliee77x Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, I just saw this post. Let me know what I need to do...just jump right in and follow along.
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    ---
    If I have almonds or almost anything I use those 100 calorie zip lock baggies and count each item out (12 almonds, 23 grapes, 4 crackers, 15 chips)…then I write the # calories it is on the bag and throw them all (except cold foods) in a big bowl on my counter…then when I’m cravin something, I go for those and can see exactly how many calories its worth!!! Or I buy 100 calorie prepacked snacks if I’m feeling lazy.

for those who are lazy like me and doesn't want to work out how much is 100cal of a lot of things.. here is a list I found from one British show, so most things are a bit british, but it gives you an idea...

http://www.channel4.com/4food/on-tv/my-big-fat-diet-show/extras/100-calorie-full-list/display/page/1
    You can also buy food scales that calculate calories for you.
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, I just saw this post. Let me know what I need to do...just jump right in and follow along.

Welcome. You have to send a message to Kristy at prplangl4 with your info - she will point you in the right direction.
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Water challenge was met but although not over in sugars, did have 4 sugared candy. But, tomorrow is anothe day, will not have any at all. Have a great night all.
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well did not meet today's challenge. But I am ok with that since all my sugars were fruit/veggies, no treats. I also decided to reassess my goals and change my weight goals. I have only been losing inches lately and have decided to shave 5 lbs off my goal to see if that is a little more achievable. I know 5 lbs doesnt seem like a lot, but I am hoping it will help and I will be at a comfortable weight for me. After re-thinking my whole "plan" I might have been overly ambitious.

Everyone have a great night.
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    friday-comment-multiply.gif

FRIDAY – JUNE 10TH – DAY 27! – PUT THE LIME IN THE COCONUT!
    (We are in week 4)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK – This week we are going to focus on healthy eating!

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    Following up on sugars, today we are going to promote the good sugars! Today’s challenge is to eat more fruits! (they have fiber and water, and make you feel grrrreat!)

MOTIVATIONAL SONG OF THE DAY
    It’s Friday so let’s have some fun!
    1.BANANA SONG (DAY-O) – Harry Belafonte http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQXVHITd1N4&feature=related
    2.PUT THE LIME IN THE COCONUTE – Harry Nilsson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxC3M-Yngs&feature=related
    3.WATERMELON CRAWL – Tracy Byrd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWdmi1rHO5g&feature=related
    4.APPLE BOTTOM JEANS – T Pain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azhgVB5uXlo (I dance like him when I hear this song haha)

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    What are your favorite fruits to eat…are any of them really filling or very low in calories?!?

www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My favourite fruit is tamarillo - and they're in season! Couldn't be happier. They're PACKED with vitamin C, and are fun to eat (with a spoon, takes longer). In Summer I love mangoes...

In my house we have a good set of predispositions to fruit - I love eating canteloupe, and my boyfriend just likes the smell. So if I get one, he's happy but doesn't eat it! :)
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Cherrrrrrrries!
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    saturn peaches and grapes
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, my sweet tooth...:tongue:

it developed in the last 3 years or so bc where I work the ppl give boxes of See's Candies for the holidays...I swear I will NOT go down this road again in 2011!!!!! that's what seems to trigger my 15 pound weight gain EVERY YEAR! :cry:

73% Dark Chocolate pure organic only,
    (reduced myself to one or two squares ate a time, up to 3 times a week)
    also sweet little carrots OR
    a T. of dark unsulphered molasses OR
    chai green tea, it's naturally sweet and only 2 little calories!:love:

the H2O intake for me is almost a gallon a day :drinker:
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    well, I did not indulge in treats so my totals for sugar was under goal but I did indulge in a great meal last night so not under on calories.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a fruit I do not like. Right now I am loving pineapple.
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    These last two challenges with the sugar have been great because I am Type II diabetic and have to watch my sugar levels anyway. I didnt get to eat any fruit yesterday cuz I just wasn't very hungry. But as far as my favorite fruits I love pears, strawberrys, peaches, apples (and oranges but I try to stay away from them cuz they are VERY high in sugar)...when Im craving sweets I usually just try to ignore it but if its something I feel I just have to have I will usually try and go for a sugar free option OR just not eat a full serving just a taste of it...I've really just been staying away from sweets or anything like that all together because it makes it harder to control myself when its right there in my face.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I think I've hit a wall. I'm not losing any more. Surprise, surprise, it's due to the fact that I don't exercise! Man! That first few was easier than expected, but now comes the hard part: getting PAST that first ten pounds. The true challenge begins. :(
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Peaches and watermelon.