I need help you all

Options
I ve been working out 5-6 times a week. 30 day shred, ripped in 30 etc and I am mostly active throughout the day. I eat around 1400-1500 calories a day.I lost 10 pounds but my progress has been very slow. What could I be doing wrong?

Female
CW 160lbs
GW 130lbs

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How slow are you talking? How long did it take to lose the ten pounds? Are you logging everything with as close to 100% accuracy as possible, including using a food scale? Do you eat back some/all of your exercise calories?
  • avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    What is your goal to lose? For me losing more than a pound a week is totally unrealistic.
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    How slow are you talking? How long did it take to lose the ten pounds? Are you logging everything with as close to 100% accuracy as possible, including using a food scale? Do you eat back some/all of your exercise calories?

It took me 2 months to lose the 10 lbs. I eat back my exercise calories and yes I try to log most of it accurately.
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options
    avatiach wrote: »
    What is your goal to lose? For me losing more than a pound a week is totally unrealistic.
    I want to lose 2 lbs
    a week or at least one rite now but it's been 2 weeks since i lost any.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • brendamunoz83
    brendamunoz83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Change your physical activity ... Your body might have gotten used to the norm. . .
  • lilyrunner
    lilyrunner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Many will not agree...but for it was better to go slow. It took me almost three years to loose almost 80 pounds. The benefits? No sagging skin, slowly changed my lifestyle into one that is healthy in all areas. So...I think it is o.k if it takes a while to reach your goals. It sounds like you are doing everything right. All I would add. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Makes your skin beautiful and keeps you full.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You are halfway there! You are losing at an impressive rate! I suggest stick with it and as you get closer to goal expect the progress to slow down a little.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Change your physical activity ... Your body might have gotten used to the norm. . .

Muscle confusion is bunkum. You can do the same workout and continue to lose weight/fat (depending on goals) since caloric intake, barring some larger health issue, is what determines losses.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure all food and log religiously if not already doing so. I don't really see a problem with your rate of weight loss, but if you're stalling, then 95% of the time it's in the diet. The first few pounds are usually relatively easy to lose, the last 10-15 the hardest. You have to be very diligent and disciplined.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

It took me 2 months to lose the 10 lbs. I eat back my exercise calories and yes I try to log most of it accurately.

Does that mean you are not using a food scale?

That rate of loss is where you should be anyway, if you only had 20 to lose.
  • gigdeb
    gigdeb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Maybe it would be helpful if you told us what you were eating and when during the day? I know a lot of people find that several small meals and snacks throughout the day helps keep their metabolism revved up and weight loss easier because their blood sugar doesn't spike or drop and remains relatively stable throughout the day.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    gigdeb wrote: »
    Maybe it would be helpful if you told us what you were eating and when during the day? I know a lot of people find that several small meals and snacks throughout the day helps keep their metabolism revved up and weight loss easier because their blood sugar doesn't spike or drop and remains relatively stable throughout the day.

Meal timing doesn't matter unless you have a medical condition. All that matters is maintaining a deficit, and making long term changes that you can live with.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you logging for say, 30 Day Shred?
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options

Yea I was thinking of running. It is really cold where I live and I have a toddler to tag along if I have to go for a run.also I am changing the workout even if I am doing it at home. I used to do the 30 ds and now doing the ri30.
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options
    lilyrunner wrote: »
    Many will not agree...but for it was better to go slow. It took me almost three years to loose almost 80 pounds. The benefits? No sagging skin, slowly changed my lifestyle into one that is healthy in all areas. So...I think it is o.k if it takes a while to reach your goals. It sounds like you are doing everything right. All I would add. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Makes your skin beautiful and keeps you full.

I agree about the hydration part. I don't drink enough water.
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    You are halfway there! You are losing at an impressive rate! I suggest stick with it and as you get closer to goal expect the progress to slow down a little.

Yea but I have 30lbs more to lose. That's what worries me. I would not panick if it was the last 10 lbs.
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options
    Weigh and measure all food and log religiously if not already doing so. I don't really see a problem with your rate of weight loss, but if you're stalling, then 95% of the time it's in the diet. The first few pounds are usually relatively easy to lose, the last 10-15 the hardest. You have to be very diligent and disciplined.

The reason I am not using a weighing scale yet is because I want to do it that religiously when I have yo lose the last few pounds or when a plateau. For now I ve cut out anything packaged or proceeded.
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options

Does that mean you are not using a food scale?

That rate of loss is where you should be anyway, if you only had 20 to lose.

I have to lose 30 more to get to my ideal weight. I am not using a food scale yet.
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options
    gigdeb wrote: »

I am a vegetarian so my diet is mostly rice/lentils/bread/eggs/chees/milk.I try not to go beyond my carbohydrate and sugar goal.