Lowest cal alcoholic drink?

Options
2»

Replies

• kacotugno86
    kacotugno86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    if you don't drink that often and aren't worried about it affecting your weight loss why does the calories matter? Just get what you like, if it's really only a couple days a year it won't make a difference.

Because I don't really have a drink of choice anyways. Also I was already going out to eat so I really didn't want to pile on the calories. In any case I did peach vodka and soda water which was only 70 calories. I stayed under my calorie goal for the day and had an awesome time! I would say it was a win! :)
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    if you don't drink that often and aren't worried about it affecting your weight loss why does the calories matter? Just get what you like, if it's really only a couple days a year it won't make a difference.

Because I don't really have a drink of choice anyways. Also I was already going out to eat so I really didn't want to pile on the calories. In any case I did peach vodka and soda water which was only 70 calories. I stayed under my calorie goal for the day and had an awesome time! I would say it was a win! :)

Good choice! :smile: and yeah, that's a win!!
  • revzillia
    revzillia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Volka. 65 cal per 1.5 oz On the rock. Or martini
  • lmnconn
    lmnconn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Captain Morgan spiced rum with diet soda. (preferably diet Dr. Pepper). I don't drink soda any other time. One shot of Captain is 86 calories.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    I like whiskey and Coke Zero. Most whiskeys are ~100 cals per oz
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I've re-introduced dry red wine back into my routine - it's supposed to have a moderately-aggressive slam against LDL and I want to get that down enough not to have to take a statin medication come January. So I measure out abut 4 ounces almost every night - I can make that 4 ounces last a good long time; I like to linger it. 4 ounces of an average glass of wine seems to come out to between 90 and 100 calories. I take it at the very end of the eating day (just finished a glass, in fact). Sipped it slowly while watching Sofia Loren and Anthony Perkins on TCM (odd pairing), and with three out of four cats cuddled with me. A nice way to unwind from the day.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    I find it interesting that, on this site, you get people yelling at you for asking what protein powder to use ("EAT REAL FOOD", is the mantra) and people asking what alcohol is "best" for weight loss. Is there a greater example of "empty calories" than alcohol?

"Well I barely drink ever maybe once every six months so I'm not too worried about it hurting my weight long term or constantly." So, it really isn't an issue, is it?

Cakes, pasta, cookies, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc...... alcohol....are a part of some people's lifestyle...in this instance one or two is not gonna make a huge difference, and you can always exercise a little longer the next day or have a light day the next day. It's called budgeting....sacrificing before or after to get the thing you want.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    When I was working with a nutritionist, he recommended vodka for the occasional drink.