Low carb low calorie recipes?

Options
Hey,

I'm looking for low carb and low calorie recipes, it can't contain any nuts though because I'm allergic, it can have carbs but I'm trying a low carb high protein diet to get leaner as I'm quite stocky, sticking to around 1200 calories a day if possible.

Thank you in advanced!
LJ

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I follow a low carb high fat diet with moderate protein. My snacks often include coconut, cheese, bullet proof coffee with protein powder, pepperoni sticks, can of tuna with mayo, raw veggies and cheese dip, leftovers,etc.
  • LovLeigh416
    LovLeigh416 Posts: 17 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with you LJ, right down to the nut allergy :) I mainly eat chicken salads and chicken wings (Foster Farms frozen buffalo wings have 0 carbs!) and beef when I feel like it. I used to snack on salami slices and I would drink Atkins shakes for breakfast. I'm doing more intensive exercise at this point, so today I bought some protein powders I intend to drink for breakfast and after working out. If you like pasta there is a vegetable spaghetti that is good sort of high in carbs but not as high as others. Oh, and cream has less carbs than milk so that's what I put in coffee/tea. I prefer sweet n low to other non-sugar sweeteners. Anything else I can do to help let me know! Handpick is the best website I've found for ordering raw ingredients and recipes to make things. I also use allrecipies.com. You can store recipes under categories. My new focus at the moment is slow cooker recipes, and there's many that are low carb since a lot are meat and veg based.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Remember that when you go low carb, you increase your fats and oils.
    Make a small cheese burger with no bun, fresh cut broccoli on the side.

• ljcox7210
    ljcox7210 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the ideas everyone, I really appreciate it :) burger sounds good right now! I've got grilled chicken and vegetables for dinner and I'll do a low carb smoothie for lunch :)
  • Roony02
    Roony02 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Depending what you put in your smoothies you may be better off just eating the fruit/veg. In liquid form your body breaks it down/digests it quicker so you will get hungry again quicker. Try adding some oatmeal/porridge to thicken it.
  • ljcox7210
    ljcox7210 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Okay maybe it's a milkshake then XD it's coconut butter, cocoa powder, skim milk and fat free Greek yoghurt