Lots of courgettes and no recipe!

Options
tishtash221989
tishtash221989 Posts: 4 Member
Help!I have 3 courgettes that need using early this week and have no idea what to use them for!Be creative please!

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Stuffed zucchini boats (pizza, enchilada, sausage, chicken parm, etc) Google for variations.

taco-stuffed-zucchni-boats.jpg

Zucchini noodles in any pasta application
    Chicken-Curry-with-Zucchini-Noodles-www.savorylotus.com_.0011.png
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I'd never heard the word Courgette!
  • tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Take a carrot cake recipe and substitute your courgettes (zucchini for us yanks) with cream cheese frosting. yummmm
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Take a look at Skinnytaste.com or eatingwell.com or aveggieventure.com --- lots and lots of zucchini/courgette (and tons of other great recipes).
  • Misslillian123
    Misslillian123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    pancakes - grate one squeezer out the water mix with a spoon or two of flour ( any) add 2 eggs, cook like normal pancakes in a little oil and eat. I like them with sweet chilli dipping sauce :) works for most veg actually
  • kenrenme
    kenrenme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mrsdrshot wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this, I'd never heard the word Courgette!

Don't worry. I didn't know either. I thought it was a typo of the word courage.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    tcaley4 wrote: »
    Take a carrot cake recipe and substitute your courgettes (zucchini for us yanks) with cream cheese frosting. yummmm

YOU, I like!
  • bronizzle
    bronizzle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Slow roast them in the oven with olive oil, salt and pepper, and when they are finished, top with some freshly grated parm. - delish!
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    grate them.
    fry them to release the liquid.
    drain to remove all liquid

add to an omelet or quiche. (with a splash of white wine, if you're so inclined...)
    goes great with feta cheese.
  • Shadesofjade
    Shadesofjade Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Veggie zucchini boats are my favorite

Zucchini
    Olive oil
    Plain yogurt
    Other veggie ( chopped kale, shredded carrot, whatever.)
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Cheese optional

Slice zucchini down the middle, rub in evoo and roast face down 350 for about 20 mins. Meanwhile steam your other veggie to desired tenderness. Once zucchini is fork tender, remove from oven and scoop out seeds. Mix yogurt with streamed veggies and salt and pepper to taste. Top with a touch of cheese (optional ). Put veggie mixture into zucchini boats and place under broiler to to reheat/melt cheese, shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

Super easy, super delicious and super healthy! ♡
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    paleo pad thai. Google it. It's fabulous!
  • Annie81503
    Annie81503 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ratatouille
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I quite like them sliced lengthways and just griddled. I was going to make an orzo pasta salad with some I'd cooked up like this, but they were so nice I just ate them as they were!
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    A tasty side-dish I often make to use courgettes up - cut courgettes into small 'batons', fry a little sliced onion in a teaspoon of healthy oil (I use rapeseed) till it softens, add the courgettes along with a few sliced sun-dried tomatoes which have been plumped up first in a couple of tablespoons of very hot water for a few mins (while you prep the veg). Add the tomato water too and loads of black pepper, pinch of salt maybe. Gently sauté the batons till cooked but not mushy ... it's a low cal recipe and very yummy.