Breakfast Ideas

Options
I'm really getting bored at breakfast. My meals are usually:
oatmeal
bagel thin or toast with peanut butter
cereal
breakfast sandwich
scrambled eggs
I would love and ideas and just how to change it up.

Replies

• xcrystalx
    xcrystalx Posts: 19
    Options
    organic plain yogurt - add fruit to sweeten such as blueberries

fruit salad

...is all i can think of atm!
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Add Onions,tomatoes or any veggie and garnish with Cilantro/coriander on your scrambled eggs makes it divine.
    Oats with cranberries,choc chips and sprinkle cinnamon or a dash of golden syrup makes it yummy.
    burrtio's with salsa and chicken is another.
    Full protein pancakes (if u need recipe let me know)/Flapjacks.
    will keep thinking and let you know.
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Try making a frittata ahead of time. It's egg based, but you can load it up with LOTS of veggies for a filling meal with a bit more flavor.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/florentine-frittata-10000000226424/

I made this one out of one of my Cooking Light cookbooks and LOVED it. It's a pretty hefty serving for 265 calories- you could easily get 8 servings and pair it with some fruit for a nice, rounded breakfast.
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I measure out a serving of egg whites, add a crushed piece of laughing cow cheese into a Pam sprayed bowl and microwave. You can try that adding peppers or any other kind of veggies you like...very yummy and filling.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    my top tip would be to try and find something else to find exciting rather than your breakfast. sounds like youve got a nice variety of foods, but wanting it to all be exciting is putting too much emphasis on food always having to be a treat rather than fuel. By all means make it tasty, but breakfast really doesnt need to be exciting

Other than that, maybe a yoghurt with your cereal instead of milk.
    low calorie non-fat bacon or turkey bacon with a dry fried egg/poached egg and a slice of wholemeal toast and a tomato

cereal bar and coffee

sliced banana on wholemeal toast

protein shake/bar

jam on toast
  • darlat74
    darlat74 Posts: 23
    Options
    I don't want it all exciting; I just wanted a few more options because I was getting bored of eating the same stuff and was getting to the point of almost skipping breakfast. This morning I had a greek yogurt with blueberries so that was a nice change. Thanks for the great ideas.