any around the age of 21 trying to lose weight and how?

Options
title says it all.. anyone?

Replies

• causlear
    causlear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you open to purchasing a weight loss program at all? I am 22, Type 1 Diabetic with PCOS and purchased the Crush60 program - and had incredible results. I'm going through it for a second time! They provide help with nutrition and a whole community of people.
  • 007lt
    007lt Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    causlear wrote: »
    Are you open to purchasing a weight loss program at all? I am 22, Type 1 Diabetic with PCOS and purchased the Crush60 program - and had incredible results. I'm going through it for a second time! They provide help with nutrition and a whole community of people.

how does it work? I'm gona google it anyway lol
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options

It's against the ToS to sell products here whether you are associated with them or not.

OP MFP is a great weight loss tool if you use it as intended, input your stats correctly and log your food accurately.

A good place to start would be to read the stickies in the forums. For example here is a collection of them.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10260517/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options

If you had such incredible results, why do you need to do it again?
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Can't be that good if you need to do it again...
  • MissElectricEyeliner
    Options
    I'm 22 and have lost 58lbs so far. Best thing to do is count calories and weigh your food on a scale for a more accurate calorie count. I use most of my calories on protein to fill me up.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and have lost 45lbs, aiming for another 14 to get me into the mid range of healthy BMI (at the very edge of healthy atm).
    Like MissElectric I did it through calorie counting and weighing food on a scale. Type of food etc varies but everyone is different so just find a way that works for you. For example I'll typically have smaller breakfast and lunch and a larger dinner, and a snack during the day, as I find splitting my calories 1/3 for each meal doesn't work for me, as I dont need to eat much in the morning :)
    Also, reading the stickied threads can be a good place to start :)
  • orchidbutterflies
    orchidbutterflies Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and have lost almost 120lbs total. I'm a little over half way to goal at this point (had a much higher starting weight than average).
    I haven't spent a cent on any "program" or "product" and you really don't need to.

Get a food scale and log everything you eat, it can be hard at first but then it becomes second nature. I'd also recommend once you get into the swing of things that you pre-log your food for the day. I find I don't have to worry about what to eat that day & I can work things around my calorie allotment before I've eaten anything (can't subtract or replace what you have already consumed)
    Of course that is just my personal preference. Find what will work for you long-term to ensure you can be successful ^^