The Woosh Effect - Trying to loose the last 10 LB from 137LB to 127LB

Options
Woosh effect it's happening.
Here below is the best article I found on this:

http://leanmuscleproject.com/how-whooshes-impact-your-weight-loss/

I will be exercising, eating right (even I sneak a pastry here and there) weight stays the same, then all of a sudden it's a sudden drop 3 lb...

I observed it to be a trend just by looking at the graph.

Today I am at my next milestone 137lb!

I have three more milestones 135, 130, 127 - 10 LB more to go to my desire weight loss!!

Any ladies in the same boat? Let's be friends and support one another. These last 10LB are suppose to be the hardest!

Then Maintain!!

Replies

• kenziegirly
    kenziegirly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck on the last 10 pounds also! I had gained 65 pounds during pregnancy and the remaining 10 are still here!!
  • Soulinwater
    Soulinwater Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Congratulations on your baby!! That;s so exciting! I talked to a friend of mine and 10 last LB are suppose to be the hardest! The best thing we can do from now on is heavy cardio, also I noticed my inner leg fat is very hard to let go of, I think Scissor exercises will work for that. Feel free to add me and congratulations again on the baby and the loss!! that I am sure took hard work.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    7 lbs to go here. As best I can tell, the only thing that will work for me is to increase exercise.
    Good luck to you!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Neither heavy cardio or scissor exercises will make you lose more or targeted weight. Your calorie intake dictates how much you gain/lose, your genetics dictate where the fact comes off, you can't spot reduce.

The last 10lbs seems the hardest because the margins for logging errors is so much smaller. Tight logging is the key so close to goal. Oh and the best thing for overall body composition is resistance/strength training.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I've whooshed 2 lbs in 3 days after bouncing for 2-3 weeks. It's getting harder and I still have 34 left to goal. I'm on mini goal 24/30.
    SW 301
    CW 184
    GW 150
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Woosh effect it's happening.
    Here below is the best article I found on this:

http://leanmuscleproject.com/how-whooshes-impact-your-weight-loss/

I will be exercising, eating right (even I sneak a pastry here and there) weight stays the same, then all of a sudden it's a sudden drop 3 lb...

I observed it to be a trend just by looking at the graph.

Today I am at my next milestone 137lb!

I have three more milestones 135, 130, 127 - 10 LB more to go to my desire weight loss!!

Any ladies in the same boat? Let's be friends and support one another. These last 10LB are suppose to be the hardest!

Then Maintain!!

I came on MFP with last 10-12 stubborn lbs to lose. I'm down to 4 lbs left to lose and then on to maintenance. I am determined to maintain this weight. It's the 1st time in about 15 years I've been my perfect weight range. Feels real good.
    I didn't have a Wooosh. It's been slow but steady.

• amynb524
    amynb524 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Im stuck at the last 10lbs too!!
    I started at 253 in January and I'm 171 this morning...I'd like to get to 160!!

Im in a whoosh right now, too!
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think Scissor exercises will work for that

Those are certainly worthwhile exercises, I love them! Just remember you cannot spot reduce, but any extra muscle building will help get you there :)

It's just water I'm sure but I've seen 9lbs drop in about 4 days... Talk about a "whoosh!"