Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    P: 1.0 to 1.25 grams per LBM
    C/F: Load up the food ramp.
  • mar10817
    mar10817 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    413g of protein.... sounds expensive. Where'd you get the info, bb.com? lulz.

Yea thats where my plan came from i've researched there alot im not too bulking and cosistency and i also work with a couple of competition lifters. because im tall and lankey i have trouble gaining and maintaining so far its been working I've gained about a pou d a week since platoing at 195 im now an even 200... im 6'6" btw
  • mar10817
    mar10817 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mar10817 wrote: »
    4130 cal
    413 p
    413c
    92f

Holy protein! :# Why so much?

I do about a 40/40/20 plan i was actually d
    Surprised everyone elses here was so low
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    4130 cal
    413 p
    413c
    92f

Just a little recommendation, you don't have to do this, but ratios usually aren't optimal. Hit your minimums based off your bodyweight, and then fill the rest with carbs or increase fats if you prefer that. Usually 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. .4-.6 grams of fat per lb of bodyweight, and then fill rest with carbs or increase fats and then fill rest with carbs. 413 grams of protein a day is wayyyyy too high. Even for a pro bodybuilder that's extremely high. You don't have to follow this, but just a little tip(:
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    4130 cal
    413 p
    413c
    92f

Just a little recommendation, you don't have to do this, but ratios usually aren't optimal. Hit your minimums based off your bodyweight, and then fill the rest with carbs or increase fats if you prefer that. Usually 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. .4-.6 grams of fat per lb of bodyweight, and then fill rest with carbs or increase fats and then fill rest with carbs. 413 grams of protein a day is wayyyyy too high. Even for a pro bodybuilder that's extremely high. You don't have to follow this, but just a little tip(:

Cosign.

413g's of protein is ridiculous, and the excess protein is just expensive carbs.. I would probably listen to PingGolfer96 and use LBM or bodyweight to determine your protein minimum, and then load up on carbs and fats to fill in your needed calories. Just make sure you get minimal fats also (.3g's/lb of bw, minimum).
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys eat a lot!!! I'm not bulking but.
    230g protein
    195g carbs
    40g fats
  • senecan
    senecan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    3700 - 410C/120F/260P God I love winter months :smile:
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Increasing macros today! Will be hitting these numbers: 210P, 90F, 500C. Total calories: 3650.
  • 49DegreesNorth
    49DegreesNorth Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    2,970 cals
    235 P
    347 C
    71 F

178lbs about 13.5% bf 5'10"

Goal add 8-9 lbs LBM
  • BrianOconnor1
    BrianOconnor1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How many calories and what macros should I use for a male 5ft 11 19 and 118 pounds/ 8st 6?
  • causlear
    causlear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am at a 2,000 calorie goal, with 125g Protein, 250g of Carbs, 56g of Fat!
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    How many calories and what macros should I use for a male 5ft 11 19 and 118 pounds/ 8st 6?

For your height/ age/ and weight dude, just lift heavy and eat BIG. Focus on incorporating carbs, fats, and proteins into your diet, but at those stats I'd honestly just keep eating until I noticed the scale moving. I'm not being rude, just saying don't go through the trouble of counting at that age and physical stats. Just eat til you notice changes in the mirror and on the scale. Get on a good strength program like ICF or SL and when eating ask for seconds. If you notice you're gaining too much fat, then you can scale back the food. But I'd just eat and lift and eat if I were you. Oh and sleep, that important:D
  • kachedada
    kachedada Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bulking Calories 3800-4200 (very little meat & no dairy) so it takes more to keep up.
    Protein 190-210 (with out supplements)
    Carbs 550-700
    Fat 125-150 (basically all oils)
    Started a week ago Wednesday and I'm excited to weigh myself tomorrow to see the results tomorrow! I also eat 3 cups (measured uncooked) of oatmeal every morning. I use honey and fresh ground peanut butter for extra flavor, cinnamon goes great too.
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options

I'm assuming (from your other forum post) you don't have a lot of fat on you. As I mentioned, it would be best served that you seek professional treatment for your ED, before you focus on "bulking", to build muscle. However, what PingGolfer told you is pretty solid. Talk to your doc.