Diner food. High calorie/protein meal ideas?

Options
I work at a diner/ all American grill. It has basically anything you can really imagine from chicken breasts to turkey to burgers to quesadillas etc. I am currently 150 pounds and am looking to gain weight and muscle. I am doing the stronglifts program and really enjoy it. I must eat at least 3000 calories a day and 150 grams of protein. Anybody have Good meal ideas that I can use for lunch and dinner. I eat for free so price is not a worry. I am just having trouble putting good meal ideas together with high calories and protein.

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Red meat, chicken, bread with butter or cheese, vegetables cooked in oil, bacon, avocado on a sandwich, really anything. Just track and eat the quantity that brings you to your goals.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is great...Mixed nuts...oatmeal with anything in it that sounds good to you...bananas...lettuce wraps. Just a few things I enjoy anyway.
  • kachedada
    kachedada Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is great, especially if you have it at your work place. I personally love whole wheat pasta, I eat lots of it. Besides the obvious meats and yogurts, there are many plant based proteins that are pretty packed with nutrition. It all comes down to what you like to eat, if you eat what you like it's easier to gain.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    my diary is open feel free to browse it ..I would go with chicken, steak, pork, yogurt, turkey breast, cottage cheese, etc...
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Goodness gracious that should be easy. I'd simply get through the menu alphabetically. If you are short top off with a burger.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Oh another thing.....I'm guessing you guys have lots of potatoes being a diner. Awesome carb source and if they're pan fried potatoes or roasted, even better. You'll get some cals from the oil. I wish I got free food from a diner. Eggs, potatoes, oatmeal would be my staple! Lol. Even though that's my staple right now....I have to pay for them :D
  • maroon2010
    maroon2010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter great for bulking they're calorie densed, but only buy the ones without added salt, sugar or palm oil. They are packed with healthy fats and a excellent protein souce too