A womans cycle and cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• harpalind
    harpalind Posts: 7
    Options
    Yesterday was my third day of TOM and I finally allowed me some sweet, got some chocolate covered bananas, brazil nuts, almonds and dates, weighted out some of each and then enjoyed. It was totally guilt free since I've gone to the gym every day and I also think that helps with cravings. So I recommend exercising even if you don't feel like you can do as much as usually, just do what you can and then some :happy:
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Definitely and it isn't cravings for a particular food is an intense need for large amounts of any salty or sweet food. I won't even be hungry, just driven to eat, eat, eat. And I get it when I ovulate, for about a 2 day period and for 10 days before my period. It has been my main struggle for the last year and the reason I have regained 20lbs of my 160lb weight loss. I have spent the last month googling it. I tried a "pms cocktail" of Evening Primrose Oil, B6 and magnesium. No effect. This month I am white knuckling my way through it. It is why I am back to journalling online as well as on paper and trying to refocus myself on being very in touch with my food and exercise. I have been tuck for 3 days now and just finally dropped another 1.6lbs. I am hoping I can make it through this month without a binge. If you google uncontrollable eating and pms you will find a few hits. Several women described the urge to eat as "the beast" and that is so fitting. I wish I had an answer for you but the only thing I have determined will work for sure is intense straight up will power.
  • monstr0sity
    Options
    omg! i get cravings like no other! and i never seem to get full! BUT today i beat the urge and popped a stick of gum in my pie hole before i made a bad choice. Always keep gum handy!!!

Yes! I did this the other day and it helped so so much. The burst of sweetness was delicious haha :D