My thrice-postpartum body is maintaining weight. Help!

Options
So, my last baby turns 1 this next week and I've been on a 1.5 lb loss plan for a month, too. For the last 3 weeks, after an initial 4 lb loss, I am maintaining weight, when MFP says I should be losing like crazy. My ab muscles are much stronger after exercising 2-3x a week, just no weight loss. Any suggestions for dropping the pounds in addition to the muscle strengthening? I'm a bit frustrated!

Replies

• FGTisme
    FGTisme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    After the initial drop, it is very typical to have a stall. As long as your logging is consistent and accurate, the weight will drop.

I rarely "complete my diary" because I know my weight loss comes in starts and stops. That MFP number is just a projection, not reality for most of us.

Keep going and you will see progress.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
  • sassysisterjd
    sassysisterjd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! 4 pounds in 3 weeks is an awesome loss - good for you!!!!
    Weight loss isn't linear, and changing things up, whether it be diet or a new exercise plan, can make your body retain water for a while. It'll go away! Don't get discouraged, just stick with it and give it more time. Maybe measure your success in other ways, too - ie., how your clothes fit, having more energy, etc? Also, maybe look into getting a digital food scale. If you don't have a lot to lose, the extra precision of measuring in grams can be super helpful.

Good luck!!!
  • gutznglory
    gutznglory Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies! I believe I will be getting a scale and being more accurate in my logging. I will also only eat up to 50% of my lost calories from exercise. I'm feeling positive about this change!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    gutznglory wrote: »
    So, my last baby turns 1 this next week and I've been on a 1.5 lb loss plan for a month, too. For the last 3 weeks, after an initial 4 lb loss, I am maintaining weight, when MFP says I should be losing like crazy. My ab muscles are much stronger after exercising 2-3x a week, just no weight loss. Any suggestions for dropping the pounds in addition to the muscle strengthening? I'm a bit frustrated!

If you are eating at a deficit you will lose so keep doing that. if you are not eating at a deficit then you will not lose so stop doing that. If you don't know if you are are eating at a deficit buy food scales to better track your intake. Also; three weeks is not enough time to determine anything.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Your ab muscles are stronger? Any chance it is just muscle if you eat back your calories? or maybe you're holding a bit of water. I'm sure you will lose weight. Give it a little more time, maybe two weeks, and then come back to us if nothing changes. :)