Treadmill purchase- now or wait till Black Friday?

Options
I'd like to buy a treadmill. Is it REALLY worth waiting for Black Friday/ciber Monday? Will I save THAT much?
Anyone know?

Replies

• DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    May get a better deal just after New Years... They push them for the "resolution" folks.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Amazon has a barebones Weslo Cadence for $287, hard to get much cheaper. I've had one for a month or so and it so far seems good for the price but is no means a heavy duty unit.
  • ds6099
    ds6099 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    DM01234 wrote: »
    May get a better deal just after New Years... They push them for the "resolution" folks.

True, but do you know HOW much savings usually? Is it worth the wait? I'm clueless.

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    ds6099 wrote: »

True, but do you know HOW much savings usually? Is it worth the wait? I'm clueless.

While waiting you couldn't walk/jog/run outside?
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    ds6099 wrote: »

That's a location specific question. What may be in my area, may not be in yours. Find a price you'd like to spend and if it hits it - strike. If not - wait.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Ask where ever you are planning on buying it if they have a low price guarantee - for example, if they drop the price in the next X amount of time, can you get the difference refunded.

In general, my experience has been that the super low Black Friday deals are for items with limited quantities, and it's just not worth the hassle.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I don't know if any of us have an inside line on black friday sales? It's up to you if you want to wait, for me when I want something I want it.....there's also no deal I'd wait in line for. I don't even go out black friday because people are nuts. Why wait a month to save a few bucks...
  • mscljeffries
    mscljeffries Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wait until the second week of January, when all of the New Year resolutions have failed and people are selling brand new ones for half the price. That's what I did. I have a $2000 treadmill, that I paid around $200 for, which works great for my purpose.
  • stargsimon
    stargsimon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try Craigslist!