Fiber

Options
What are some high fiber foods its so hard for me to find things

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Above are some good links.

I also eat Fiber Gourmet pasta. One 2 oz serving has 75-80% of the daily fiber RDA and half the calories of regular pasta.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies. If you eat your fruits and veggies, you won't have a problem getting enough fiber. They're also packed full of lovely vitamins and minerals that we require.

IMO, raspberries are the yummiest high-fiber food.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    To me it seems like I eat a good amount of fruits and veggies, but never hit my fiber goals. I eat Fiber One bars sometimes which are pretty yummy, but they make me gassy
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    To me it seems like I eat a good amount of fruits and veggies, but never hit my fiber goals. I eat Fiber One bars sometimes which are pretty yummy, but they make me gassy

I agree. I always eat above the recommended servings of vegetables, but only about half the time does that get me to the recommended fiber goal. Plus, I have mine set higher so most days I eat things like flax, Bran Buds and Fiber Gourmet to hit my goal.

I also agree about Fiber One bars and gas.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Fruits and veggies. If you eat your fruits and veggies, you won't have a problem getting enough fiber. They're also packed full of lovely vitamins and minerals that we require.

IMO, raspberries are the yummiest high-fiber food.
    Thanks
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. But I agree you won't get there without some high fiber grains too. I like to mix Kashi Go Lean with Fiber One for breakfast. I also found a brand of wraps that I use for sandwiches (Tumarro) that pack 7-9 grams of fiber in a variety of flavors, wheat to chia, to flax, etc. Instead of rice or potatoes, I like Kumut, Farro, Barley, quinoa, Freekah that can be used as side dishes to up the fiber. When I do have rice, I try to use black (not the same a wild rice) since it typically has more fiber that their more mainstream counterparts. My local grocery store carries them in the their health market/organic section of the store. If you are willing to consider food choices off the beaten path there are great finds out there...

I typically have no issue meeting my fiber goals unless I include too many processed or restaurant foods in my diet.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

That's because they contain chicory root (aka inulin)......ugh! I steer clear of chicory, I actually get stomach pains.

Original Fiber One cereal is fine, no chicory....I like to sprinkle it on my yogurt. Watch some Greek yogurts....they have chicory too (Chobani 100 and Dannon Triple Zero....blech).

Whole foods....whole grains, beans, whole veggies, whole fruits contain fiber.