Low Impact Routines...

Options
I have been going out to YouTube and doing some of the FitnessBlender, Leslie Sansone, and Chris Powell routines. I was looking for something different that is low impact. Most of the videos I find are beyond my capability right now. Any suggestions?

Replies

• beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    What are your physical limitations? what are your exercise goals?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    There is a 20 minute Winsor Pilates video that you can find on YouTube. One of the people in the background (Daphne? Dabney? something like that) does modified versions of everything. Even if you haven't gone to a pilates class it is very easy to follow.
  • sdcamp3020
    sdcamp3020 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will look that one up. Fast routines, routines with jumping or getting up and down from the floor, and routines that include a lot of bending at the hips are hard for me to do. I appreciate your advice.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    sdcamp3020 wrote: »
    Thanks! I will look that one up. Fast routines, routines with jumping or getting up and down from the floor, and routines that include a lot of bending at the hips are hard for me to do. I appreciate your advice.

This one is on the floor but you are down there the whole time. It's a basic video but is a challenge if you are not flexible but it will help you gain some flexibility if you keep at it. I was very out of shape/not flexible (nearly) two years ago when I started working out. I did this video 3x/week along with other exercise and it helped out a lot.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Try Jessica Smith TV

She has a whole section labeled low impact

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe5P3ayTEj7aR3hycQGP5I4eXG_p7dQAI

Winsor (and pilates in general) is great. I know that the DVDs have 3 exercisers....one is doing modifications.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Chalene Johnson has a 20 minute work out on TurboJam that has low impact modifications. It's a lot of fun.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options

I second Winsor Pilates. The old Winsor Pilates videos have the modifier (Daphne) Her new videos only have superwoman doing them :pensive:
    Also, Rodney Yee's Yoga for Beginners and Back Care Yoga for Beginners <-the first yoga video I ever did (with debilitating back condition), Leslie Sansone Walking videos, 10 Minute Solution: Pilates for Beginners, Pilates for Beginners by Kristin McGee, The Bar Method Beginner's Workout

• sdcamp3020
    sdcamp3020 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great! I am going to look them up tonight!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender has low impact routines and has low impact alternatives to most, if not all, their exercises.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Fast routines, routines with jumping or getting up and down from the floor, and routines that include a lot of bending at the hips are hard for me to do.

Sounds like you would benefit from Yoga for sure.