Shirataki noodles

Options
lesteidel
lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
I just discovered these things. I like them with some thai peanut sauce and some bean sprouts. Who knew I could get a bowl of noodles for under 100 calories. How do you like to eat them?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Mixed Into a stir fry with brown rice, egg whites, broccoli, carrots, green beans...etc. and seasoned with liquid aminos and sriracha. Also use them in chicken noodle soup. I like incorporating them into meals, they're not too good using as a plain pasta with sauce
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I discovered I wasn't very fond of them with Alfredo sauce the other night.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    lesteidel wrote: »
    Yeah, I discovered I wasn't very fond of them with Alfredo sauce the other night.

Hahaha yeah....I found that out the hard way too. I definitely like them in my stir fries though.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I made a meat ball stroganoff the other day and I fried/heated the tofo noodles in a little butter and ate with that was very good
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I make pho broth and instead of the regular rice noodles I always use I sub it for shirataki noodles. I use it for basically any asian noodle dish.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    MVY_ wrote: »
    I make pho broth and instead of the regular rice noodles I always use I sub it for shirataki noodles. I use it for basically any asian noodle dish.

Same. Asian noodle dishes (stir fry, noodle bowls, etc).
  • katie1318
    katie1318 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I made a meat ball stroganoff the other day and I fried/heated the tofo noodles in a little butter and ate with that was very good

I did the same thing with a vegetarian mushroom stroganoff and without the butter. It was delicious!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Chicken and mushroom miso soup with the noodles added, lovely and under 300 calories!
  • ichnur
    ichnur Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I make the chicken paprikash from WW in a crockpot and add the shirataki. It makes it more like a stew with light noodles in it. Low calories and very yummy.
  • frank090010
    frank090010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ichnur wrote: »
    I make the chicken paprikash from WW in a crockpot and add the shirataki. It makes it more like a stew with light noodles in it. Low calories and very yummy.

Do you have a recipe for this
    Thanks
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    I love them, but as others have stated, in dishes calling for Asian style noodles. Especially in place of rice noodles with soy sauces, peanut sauces, miso broths, etc. Their texture is definitely not suited for use as a replacement for semolina based Italian style pasta. I never use them like spaghetti.