1200 calorie diet buddies wanted!

Options
Hey everyone my name is Megan! I am starting my 1200 calorie diet today as I am trying to lose 2 lbs a week until my birthday March 28! I would love to have some friends we can share diaries with to get ideas for what 1200 calories looks like! So please add me so we can motivate and inspire one another for a successful life change!

Replies

• kcgjohnson1
    kcgjohnson1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan.. My name is Casey. I'm starting today too. I have about 20 pounds to loose & im doing the 1200 calories a day as well.
  • edptanner
    edptanner Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 also. I feel hungry a lot. I'd love ideas that will help me feel more satisfied.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I lost weight by eating 1200 calories so I know the struggle when your just starting out!! I would love to be friends and help you along the way!
  • Ilovechi
    Ilovechi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to hear from you
  • fitnessxo14
    fitnessxo14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey gals. This is so great to find people who are also starting the 1200 cal diet today. I used this app about a year and half ago and ive lost about 40 pounds so far :) i want to try this again as where im at a plateau point and i would love to lose at least another 10-15 pounds before christmas time. Hoping support could possibly help!
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 because of my age and size...I have lost a bit and stalled but feel free to add me.
  • espressomane
    espressomane Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm doing 1500 but feel free to add me if you'd like, good luck everyone!!
  • misssammyrusso
    misssammyrusso Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been on MFP for 4 weeks at 1200 calories.. Hoping to lose 10 pounds!
    I am still finding it hard to stay under, I usually go 100 Max over, but I have still seen results!!
    Would love to know what satisfying meals you guys make to reach your goal !
  • susb
    susb Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The trick is to pack in great foods at the right time each day in order to feel satisfied. Here's an example of one of my typical breakfasts.

1/2 English muffin with a light coat of natural peanut butter about four slices of a banana and a drizzle of honey. 1/2 cup of fat free yogurt with fresh blueberries added. I have to add Truvia to the yogurt!

This became one of a few typical breakfasts for me.

I lose 40 pounds and reached my goals with a 1,200 healthy eating pattern while creating a doable deficit.

It worked for me but 1,200 may not work for everyone.

I didn't feel hungry after the initial change of reduced intake.

❤️ Susan
  • susb
    Options
    I meant to say I lost!

Susan
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I eat at 1200 most of the time, but I do sometimes go over (but not by much).

My diary is open and you are welcome to have a look. I have lost 12kg (26 pounds) since April.

I find that the types of food I eat certainly impact how hungry I get. If I get my protein and fiber balance right I tend to feel fuller for longer but I do not ban any foods. This month I have set myself a fiber challenge to keep things interesting.

Good luck!
  • susb
    Options
    I don't think going over a bit every now and then matters but doubling our intake does! A very small area doesn't matter much.

Yes, the types of foods eaten at the right time equals success and produces great results!

I do have to ban certain foods. I can't play around with one cookie or one brownie and I also keep the amount of bread down to once a day, like toast or 1/2 English muffin. I stay away from rice and white potatoes for the most part.

I eat a half of sandwich with turkey and light mayo and a cup of homemade soup many days for lunch or healthy leftovers from the night before.

I would like to see your diary Soopatt (what is your first name) but I don't know how to get to there!

Have a great day everyone!

Susan
  • BabyUnicorn3
    BabyUnicorn3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been on a 1200 cal diet for a while, I don't have time to exercise and nutrition and the amount of calories plays a HUGE part in weight loss... So I'm in! LOL I sometimes go for walks and do things outside, but nothing "exercise worthy" <3
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 too! Feel free to add me :) Would love to have food diary accountability buddies to chat with! I'm a March birthday too, would be amazing to make some big strides by then.
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've just started back on here and am on 1200 too. Feel free to add me. If you go way back to 2013/2012 I have some really useful diary entries. Back then I was consistently loosing weight. I've put a hell of a lot back on since then but i'm determined to loose it again.

Good luck everyone :)
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I try to stay around 1200 per day averaging it weekly-, so some days I will have 600 some days will be 1800. I actually have my daily goal set to 700, I set it to 1200 for a week, and for some reason I always went way over, and ended gaining that week ( averaged 1500 per day)...... Feel free to add me, I would love to have more accountability buddies !
  • Ellabellekints
    Ellabellekints Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also working on the 1200 plan. I will forgive myself if I go over some days but need to be more consistent as I tend to fall off a diet too quickly. A busy schedule and hectic life are my excuses, so I will have to plan for ways to avoid those traps.
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    1200 isn't the answer guys... look into it
  • LynneHolloman
    LynneHolloman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been at 1200 calories for a month. I've lost 11lbs but gained some back. It's frustrating. I don't think I need to eat less than 1200.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I've been at 1200 calories for a month. I've lost 11lbs but gained some back. It's frustrating. I don't think I need to eat less than 1200.

1200 (before exercise) is MFP's default minimum for nutritional purposes.

It's really hard to get adequate nutrition for less than 1200. Unless your are very petite and/or a senior lady....1200 is the very least you should consider eating.

I'm 5'5' and 54 years old....even I eat more.

Really aggressive weekly weight loss goals make it hard for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. You can lower your body fat by a larger percentage if you take a moderate approach.

Google your TDEE (maintenance) ...http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
    Anything less than that is weight loss.

1200 isn't what MFP "assigns" based on height, weight, age.........1200 is a product of "I want to lose XX pounds per week." If you request a large weekly weight loss goal.....you get a small number of calories....it's just math.

1200 will be appropriate for a small percentage of women (petite, senior ladies).