salmon help

Options
AskTracyAnnK28
AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
So I got these salmon filets and now I'm not sure what to do with them. Does anyone have a good, simple recipe? I'd like to grill it but I'm not sure what to marinate them in.

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I normally grill it on a cedar plank with a rub or roast in the oven. Yesterday I pan seared it for the first time and it was delicious. The skin gets crispy enough to eat. I really liked it for a change. Pat fillets dry on all sides, season with salt and pepper. Heat large pan and a bit of oil over medium high, add salmon skin side down, cook 5 to 7 minutes or until skin is crispy. Flip and finish cooking on medium for 3 to 5 minutes.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2012/10/cedar-planked-salmon.html

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/02/roasted-red-pepper-and-garlic-salmon.html
  • cortesd
    cortesd Posts: 58 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    This is one of my "go to" recipes:

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/poached_salmon/

Super easy, quick and doesn't smell up the kitchen!
  • sabrinacrandall
    sabrinacrandall Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine with a bit of teryaki sauce, honey, and brown sugar mixed together until the sugar dissolves. I don't have exact quantities, but it's really tasty and literally takes one minute to prepare. Then I simply throw it on a pan on the stovetop and cook until lightly browned (total about 15 minutes, flipping occasionally).
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine with a bit of teryaki sauce, honey, and brown sugar mixed together until the sugar dissolves. I don't have exact quantities, but it's really tasty and literally takes one minute to prepare. Then I simply throw it on a pan on the stovetop and cook until lightly browned (total about 15 minutes, flipping occasionally).

This totally sounds like something I can do and not completely ruin LOLOL thanks!

• JinxedyJinx
    JinxedyJinx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I actually just microwave my salmon. One filet with some seasoning and/or butter in a covered small casserole dish. Microwave for about 3-4 minutes. It turns out surprisingly well this way. I do use a meat thermometer to make sure it's cooked to at least 165 F. It's what I had for lunch today actually!
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    drizzle a little olive oil on the defrosted filet, salt and pepper and bake at 350 for ~20 minutes....

Add some garlic powder or old bay seasoning if you are feeling saucy... :-)

Simple and good for you.

R
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Mix up some honey, dijon mustard, and cayenne pepper. Pat the salmon filet dry and place it skin down in a baking dish. Spread the honey mustard on the filet and bake it for a while.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Broil with a pat of butter until just firm and flaky. 10 minutes or so.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I mush pesto sauce into butter, put on top, and broil
  • katie1318
    katie1318 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Rhyalus wrote: »
    drizzle a little olive oil on the defrosted filet, salt and pepper and bake at 350 for ~20 minutes....

Add some garlic powder or old bay seasoning if you are feeling saucy... :-)

Simple and good for you.

R

This is literally one of my favorite dinners, with some sautéed kale and roasted Brussels sprouts on the side. Yum!
  • rguzame
    rguzame Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just bake in tin foil packets with honey on top! It's delicious
  • karenwhelan61
    karenwhelan61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Simply steam in chinese bamboo steamer on plate with a splash of soy sauce grated ginger sliced garlic and sliced spring onions for about 6 or 7 minutes, stir fry asian greens
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options