Treadmill Recommendations / Sync to MFP?

Options
We are discussing cancelling our gym membership and getting a treadmill to use at home. Any recommendations? We would prefer to stay around the $1000 range. We drive to the gym a couple times a week, but at this point we only to use the treadmill so it feels like a waste of time and money. I'm doing a C25K program in hopes that I'll get to the point where I can jog more than walk soon.

Do any treadmills sync up to MFP? At the gym I just enter my average speed and the total time but the calorie count is WAY off from what MFP calculates (i.e. Monday the treadmill said I burned 270 calories and MFP calculated it as 149).

Replies

• oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I find a treadmill is off a bit. I bought a 1200.00 dollar treadmill about five years ago and it's a real top quality one. When I do a 10k run on the treadmill at about a 7.2 mph pace it tells me I've burned about 850 calories. Now when I do a 10k run outside my nike app says its about 700. Mfp is very close to my nike app so I'd say a treadmill might say you've burned more than you actually have. Now having said that maybe not every treadmill is the same but that's what mine does.