Favorite Protein Powder

Options
So I seem to find myself coming up short on my protein macros on occasion. I wanted to get a tub of protein powder to have on standby for those days when I need to fill the gap. Was trying to sort through bodybuilding.com but it's a minefield of supplements.

What's your favorite brand and flavor of protein powder?

Replies

• PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate.
  • fitzman84
    fitzman84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Optimum or cellucor are the two I use. Chocolate flavor is good and never gets old
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Gold Standard 100% Whey .... All flavors so far.
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I've heard some good info on all those mentioned. I'll have to see what deals are out there.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Anything from PEScience... and I've tried a LOT of different brands. Their Snickerdoodle and Cookies and Cream are so bomb.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I dislike most protein powders, but the Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide series are actually quite tasty, particularly Cinnamon Roll flavor IMO.

Granted, there's a definite tradeoff with them as the macros are not nearly as good as you can get elsewhere, only about 1g of protein per 10 calories, meaning only about 40% of the calories are from protein.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Trutein cinnabon is delicious :) No artificial sweetener aftertaste.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    BSN Syntha 6 is the tastiest!
    I can't have it bc of household food allergies, but my mom loves it.

I use Muscle Milk Light and it is OK. Doesn't taste bad and it is under standards that guarantee that no "enhancers" are added to the supplement. (plus allergen free)
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I bought 7 samples of Trutein and was sadly disappointed. It was very thin, tastes were way too sweet (especially the mint chocolate, lemon meringue, chocolate PB) and/or just plain "off". After all the reviews I was so excited to try them:( I am a big fan of EAS Advantage Complete, 150 cal, 25g protein. Mixes up extremely thick (if you make it the night before you will need to add liquid in the morning to get it to come out of the blender bottle...lol). I have tried lots of them and go back to it every time! The cost is very reasonable too! Their ready to drink shakes are pretty good too, are lower calorie, lower protein, and are a little thin, but cold they are tasty, even the strawberry and vanilla which I have a hard time stomaching usually since most brands are chemical tasting. They do make another powder one that is less calories (110) and 15g protein, but it is pretty thin.
  • louisedbatchelor1983
    Options
    Fitness Guru One Whey Isolate!... 104kcal...26g Protein per 30g...0 carb...0 fat
  • ServeJesus2008
    ServeJesus2008 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Bodytech french vanalla vitamin shop where I get mine
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

I bought 7 samples of Trutein and was sadly disappointed. It was very thin, tastes were way too sweet (especially the mint chocolate, lemon meringue, chocolate PB) and/or just plain "off". After all the reviews I was so excited to try them:( I am a big fan of EAS Advantage Complete, 150 cal, 25g protein. Mixes up extremely thick (if you make it the night before you will need to add liquid in the morning to get it to come out of the blender bottle...lol). I have tried lots of them and go back to it every time! The cost is very reasonable too! Their ready to drink shakes are pretty good too, are lower calorie, lower protein, and are a little thin, but cold they are tasty, even the strawberry and vanilla which I have a hard time stomaching usually since most brands are chemical tasting. They do make another powder one that is less calories (110) and 15g protein, but it is pretty thin.

I find their flavours hit and miss as to whether I like them. Sweet doesn't bother me though. We tried pretty much all of the regular flavours (no seasonal) and the ones we liked were the cinnabon, the vanilla, and the banana.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Anything from PEScience... and I've tried a LOT of different brands. Their Snickerdoodle and Cookies and Cream are so bomb.

+1 for PES protein.. finally got my hands on the Snickerdoodle!