To beeee or not to beeee......sexy???

Options
Jenny56dreams
Jenny56dreams Posts: 147 Member
Hello Everyone! This morning as I was getting ready for work my hubby was looking at me...(which I don't mind of course) and then proceeds to say "you're starting to look very, very sexy". Now at first I thought "wow, that was sweet" and I smiled. And then while we were in the car I thought to myself, "Starting to look sexy?" :noway: "does this mean I wasn't before and I'm still not?" Anyway, It could be that I'm just over thinking what he said but it did strike a small nerve with me. Anyone have any similar stories? lol :tongue:

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    What a Summer's Eve. I find you very well-proportioned.
    -wtk
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    For a long time, I think my husband was afraid to give me compliments because he was afraid I would take them like that. Then we had a talk about it because I had to fish for the compliments and was getting tired of it. I basically told him that I know how I was before, and I am not going to be offended by him telling me that I'm looking great now or that he can see where I am getting smaller because I can see it too and I know that I've come a long way. We wouldn't be on this mission if something wasn't out of whack to begin with, so just take them as they come and don't let them be negatives.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    He's started to dig that hole!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    And then while we were in the car I thought to myself, "Starting to look sexy?" :noway: "does this mean I wasn't before and I'm still not?" Anyway, It could be that I'm just over thinking what he said but it did strike a small nerve with me. lol :tongue:

Exactly the reason men are sometime afraid to compliment. My advice -- accept compliments at face value and don't try to inperpret them.
  • demiahbryant
    demiahbryant Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Take the comment as it was intended - a compliment!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Don't read into any compliments and take them in the best light.
    You know you deserve it!!!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I think you are over thinking it, you look amazing, and he said very very, so evidently you have been sexy, and very sexy, and now you are about to be very very sexy. : )
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Don't over analyze. Take the compliment! He thinks you're HOT!! :smile: Don't search for a negative angle.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Don't over think it. Take it for what it is. How many women complain that their men don't notice?

You should reward him more by showing how sexay. Just sayin.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I always take compliments the wrong way. Probably because I feel like they are just words although I feel otherwise about myself. Trying to work on that though....
  • chachii26
    chachii26 Posts: 45
    Options
    Jajajaja...I've getting that from my boyfriend lately...I usually take it as a compliment...If I want to be annoying ill ask him why he thinks i wasn't before!!... I say don't over think it, its his way of saying that you're accomplishing your goals!! keep it up!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Take the comment as it was intended - a compliment!

Exactly.
  • katiespruce
    Options
    i was getting dressed one day and my mom happened to be home early. and she came past my room. she was like " your starting to look hot" i was like "im starting to look hot? haha what?" she said " weightloss looks good on you" i said "thanks" of course but it got me thinking about all the people before telling me i was looking good, did they mean it or were they being nice? lol. so i totally get tht. but im sure he meant it as a compliment, because most people dont think before they speak ecsp with compliments and truth. haha :) but u do look fantastic :) keep it up :)
  • mama_corn
    mama_corn Posts: 24
    Options
    Don't read into it, just take the compliment and run! :happy:
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    ha ha sorry thats like when my husband told me, " your not exactly small'', I knew what he ment but still I was like WTF????
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Take it as the compliment he meant it as. Trust me, when a guy says that, he's not thinking you didn't look good, or even sexy, before. But he's really liking what he is seeing now and probably liking the direction he sees it going in. Don't read too much into it, guys don't mean to send messages that way. (Too bad we don't all have translation devices, right? :laugh: )
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    Take a fool for what he means and not for what he says. :)
  • thatguynick
    thatguynick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    As a guy, I can vouch for this...we aren't very skilled in choosing the right words, though we do mean well :)
    Odds are, he may have heard you mention something similar about yourself and was paraphrasing to compliment you.
    And, us guys usually don't think about how things you say about yourself is ok, but not really for us to say to you.

Just from my personal experiences :D

He meant good by it.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    He added the verys in there, before you were just very sexy to him. lol
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Here is an example. I was speaking to a coworker. I asked if she got a haircut because it looked really nice. She said she had gotten it cut 2 weeks ago. Yes, I had seen her a few times since she had it cut. I stopped saying anything.