Need motivator and support

Options
So I've been using my fitness pal for quite a while now. Do good for a while then get in a slump and give up. Right now I'm starting again and trying to stay on track. I'm 36 years old and could stand to lose 100 pounds but my first goal is 20. Recently had a baby and nothing fits anymore and I'm stubborn and don't want to buy new clothes when I have a closet full. My biggest issue is I have no support system at home or at work. No one to encourage me or to be on my butt. Really want to make better changes in my life...

Replies

• jordanueastwood
    jordanueastwood Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Were all here to help encourage and motivate! Wish you the best and feel free to add!
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So I've been using my fitness pal for quite a while now. Do good for a while then get in a slump and give up. Right now I'm starting again and trying to stay on track. I'm 36 years old and could stand to lose 100 pounds but my first goal is 20. Recently had a baby and nothing fits anymore and I'm stubborn and don't want to buy new clothes when I have a closet full. My biggest issue is I have no support system at home or at work. No one to encourage me or to be on my butt. Really want to make better changes in my life...
    Good luck. I've hit plateaus as well as gone backwards. I know how frustrating it can be. I'm down 26#s with another 25#s to go. Friend me if you want us to provide mutual support to each other to hit our goals.

Kevin
  • EFryeinGA82
    EFryeinGA82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just remember that everything goes in cycles...even the seasons change. So don't stress about slumps or strides....the point is to keep going forward building strength and willpower through it all. ;) You got this! Congrats on the new baby as well!
  • fabat52
    fabat52 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been on MFP since November 2012. I have come and gone over the years but haven't really gotten serious until this September 25 th. I came back from vacation to find I was at the heaviest weight I have ever been. That was the moment I knew I was taking this serious and committed to stick with it. I have gathered a group of committed friends who are on daily and who I support and who support me. So far I have lost 17.8lbs. You are welcome to add me if you want to join a group of great MFP friends.
  • thywillbedone17
    thywillbedone17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Can I ask a question
  • mrschartley
    mrschartley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can I ask a question

Yes ask away
  • mrschartley
    mrschartley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • rodneytracy
    rodneytracy Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    fabat52 wrote: »
    Hi I have been on MFP since November 2012. I have come and gone over the years but haven't really gotten serious until this September 25 th. I came back from vacation to find I was at the heaviest weight I have ever been. That was the moment I knew I was taking this serious and committed to stick with it. I have gathered a group of committed friends who are on daily and who I support and who support me. So far I have lost 17.8lbs. You are welcome to add me if you want to join a group of great MFP friends.

Similar with me - was at my heaviest and had to change. I'm down 25 with another 25 to go. I've changed my eating and exercise habits and I making slow progress. Friend me if you want to provide mutual support. Good luck.

Kevin