5'7 ladies tell us your stories (pics encouraged also)

Replies

• dizzypuppy
    dizzypuppy Posts: 10 Member
    e6686f759c5c662753687469546ff64c.png

march: 165LB
    november: 127LB & maintaining! :)
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    mom2bella wrote: »
    3fouo7tbz867.jpg

I'm 5'7 1/2. I've lost 86lbs so far. I started in Aug. last year. I've still got 45 more to go until I reach my goal weight.

You look great!
  • tammibarbagallo
    tammibarbagallo Posts: 11 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm 5'7 1/4 lol. After being overweight since I was 8 (I'm 38 now), I hit my all time non-pregnancy high of 275 about 6 years ago (one year after giving birth). I'm about 20 pounds down in my "before" pic as I literally can't find a single picture of my high weight...I guess I deliberately avoided cameras. I lost 130 pounds which was a little too much so I put on about 10 pounds of muscle. 155 was decent but too hard to maintain quite honestly! So now I'm down exactly 100 pounds (my recent pic is my profile pic).I fluctuate about 10-15 pounds depending on the time of year but I'm still working on trying to maintain the same healthy weight for my frame and activity level of about 160 so I don't know that the struggle ever truly ends. And I'm okay with that!! Weight loss can be one of the most amazing journeys of self-discover and FUN we could ever have!!
    2mpffkjzw75e.jpg
  • dimakatsoseabi
    dimakatsoseabi Posts: 5 Member
    Wow you guys are so much inspiration, keep up the good work.
  • Brooklyn2Bmore
    Brooklyn2Bmore Posts: 8 Member
    I'm 5'7 1/4 lol. After being overweight since I was 8 (I'm 38 now), I hit my all time non-pregnancy high of 275 about 6 years ago (one year after giving birth). I'm about 20 pounds down in my "before" pic as I literally can't find a single picture of my high weight...I guess I deliberately avoided cameras. I lost 130 pounds which was a little too much so I put on about 10 pounds of muscle. 155 was decent but too hard to maintain quite honestly! So now I'm down exactly 100 pounds (my recent pic is my profile pic).I fluctuate about 10-15 pounds depending on the time of year but I'm still working on trying to maintain the same healthy weight for my frame and activity level of about 160 so I don't know that the struggle ever truly ends. And I'm okay with that!! Weight loss can be one of the most amazing journeys of self-discover and FUN we could ever have!!
    2mpffkjzw75e.jpg

You look so great!!!!! What an amazing transformation!
  • CountryLady47
    CountryLady47 Posts: 40 Member
    sarahat10 wrote: »
    Hey I'm 5'7" I started this path or a better lifestyle around March I was 4 months postpartum and was gaining weight so I knew I had to start somewhere. My husband had huge success using mfp and I knew I was ready for a real change so I downloaded the app and the rest is history! It has been so easy I don't know why this took me so long to do. I still ate all the things I love but though portion control a good kitchen scale and drinking water the weight actually flew off.

I'm so close to goal weight makes me want to work even harder and I have actually started running again. Love this app and the community I spent many times looking through success stories on days I needed to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. fmimjpadekor.jpg

Great job! Very Inspirational!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    gce1hr9ct347.jpg
    6abdu6h7ufac.jpg

I'm 5'7", and while I'm not at goal yet, I'm getting pretty close. I have struggled with my weight for most of my life, but especially in the last 10 years, particularly since I had kids. I had a very unhealthy relationship with food, and just felt lost when it came to weight loss, and felt trapped in my body. But I woke up one day and thought about how if I didn't alter the path I was on, I may not live long enough to watch my kids grow up...and I was also terrified they would follow in my footsteps. Since January 2015 I have lost over 86lbs simply through calorie counting and regular exercise. I'm 18lbs away from goal, which is exciting to me, because I started out 104lbs away from goal. I'm stronger, healthier, and happier! Starting weight was 263.8, current weight is 177.2.
  • bscates84
    bscates84 Posts: 10 Member
    You all look amazing and you give me hope that I can really do this. Thank you
  • tennis4lissa
    tennis4lissa Posts: 6 Member
    I started my journey 3 months ago...then quit because that's what I usually do every time I try to lose weight! But a month ago j started and have been consistent with eating and exercising and am doing it with my sister which is a huge help to do it together!! I'm I lay down 11 pounds but all of these pictures of these journeys are amazingly inspirational!!! Thanks to everyone for sharing your success you ladies all look amazing!!
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    You could all be on a commercial! Your photos are amazing. I have not had the success I was aiming for but some success nonetheless. I have lost 20 pounds in 8 months. My goal is 2 pounds per week and it has been about 2 1/2 per month but I am still happy. I don't want to go berserk during the holidays. I LOVE to cook so this a dangerous time of year for me. I am going to check out this forum everyday. You should all be so proud
  • thywillbedone17
    thywillbedone17 Posts: 69 Member
    sarahat10 wrote: »
    Hey I'm 5'7" I started this path or a better lifestyle around March I was 4 months postpartum and was gaining weight so I knew I had to start somewhere. My husband had huge success using mfp and I knew I was ready for a real change so I downloaded the app and the rest is history! It has been so easy I don't know why this took me so long to do. I still ate all the things I love but though portion control a good kitchen scale and drinking water the weight actually flew off.

I'm so close to goal weight makes me want to work even harder and I have actually started running again. Love this app and the community I spent many times looking through success stories on days I needed to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. fmimjpadekor.jpg

Wow!!!!!
  • StarryRaisin
    StarryRaisin Posts: 3 Member

You look amazing!
  • debbie_elder
    debbie_elder Posts: 18 Member
    SW-297
    CW-228.6
    GW-160

I'm almost halfway there!mn8lk1w7xjxs.jpg
  • KaterinaDokuzova94
    KaterinaDokuzova94 Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2015

Wow amazing :)
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    gce1hr9ct347.jpg
    6abdu6h7ufac.jpg

I'm 5'7", and while I'm not at goal yet, I'm getting pretty close. I have struggled with my weight for most of my life, but especially in the last 10 years, particularly since I had kids. I had a very unhealthy relationship with food, and just felt lost when it came to weight loss, and felt trapped in my body. But I woke up one day and thought about how if I didn't alter the path I was on, I may not live long enough to watch my kids grow up...and I was also terrified they would follow in my footsteps. Since January 2015 I have lost over 86lbs simply through calorie counting and regular exercise. I'm 18lbs away from goal, which is exciting to me, because I started out 104lbs away from goal. I'm stronger, healthier, and happier! Starting weight was 263.8, current weight is 177.2.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the bird leggings...AND, wow, you look great!
  • vinsmomma26
    vinsmomma26 Posts: 103 Member
    taracan25 wrote: »
    gce1hr9ct347.jpg
    6abdu6h7ufac.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE the bird leggings...AND, wow, you look great!

my stats are similar, Im the same height but Im 207 right now, how in the world did you do it? i feel like im never going to get there..its nice seeing someone who has my bodytype..great job you look amazing!!
  • georgiab0095
    georgiab0095 Posts: 25 Member
    ubtzj9azwok0.jpeg
    w5ijw5ojz1pw.jpeg
    isxo0t4ph9cy.jpeg
    opn1nbcb7776.jpeg
    7tommt89bu2r.jpeg
    8qvqkmdfewco.jpeg
    6naj55dj8rcd.jpeg
    26s2rr6joy0n.jpeg

I started at 240 pounds and I weighed in this morning at 188. Although, it taken me a while I'm happy with where I'm at . My Bmi has dropped 12 points, I've went from obese to over weight. I haven't reached my goal, I would like to be between 150-160. My next goal is to fit 170! Feel free to add me as your friend!
  • sapphire1166
    sapphire1166 Posts: 114 Member
    I'm guessing I was about 240 in the first picture (never wanted to step on a scale then...wonder why). In the second picture I'm about 195. Down about 10 more lbs since then, but don't have any good recent pictures. (Sorry for the huge size of these pictures)
    7cf15v02bpci.jpg
    cp5idt84ugze.jpg

• Louz163
    Louz163 Posts: 243 Member
    ke4xuaqpkovh.jpeg
    Thought id update from my last post 83lbs lost in total
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!