Garcinia Cambogia and Coffee Bean Extract

Options
I read an article recently on these two supplements and weight loss - has anyone tried them? If so, what were your results? Thanks! :)

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    They are snake oil and do not work.

If Dr. Oz endorses it, run far away in the opposite direction.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing that will help you lose weight is a caloric deficit. These pills are nonsense.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well, no magic pills or pixie dust available for weight loss I am afraid to say....

Save your money! Log your food (and with a a food scale ** important) and stay in a calorie deficit...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nope - magic pills are just a waste of money. Eat at a calorie deficit - get some exercise.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    All BS.....if you want coffee, just drink it. Espresso is great if you want lots of caffeine.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    All BS.....if you want coffee, just drink it. Espresso is great if you want lots of caffeine.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Yup, the only thing getting lighter will be your wallet. :)
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Yes. Lost 27 pounds. From eating less, not from the wallet-draining green coffee bean extract.
  • britt01any
    britt01any Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with gia07.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    There is no compelling evidence to suggest that they work (other than the stimulant effect of the caffeine in the coffee pills - which you can get other and cheaper ways).

http://examine.com/supplements/Garcinia cambogia

I assume that you are talking about green coffee bean extract btw

http://examine.com/supplements/Green Coffee Extract

• ledonnelly75
    ledonnelly75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - appreciate the feedback.
  • mandymaurine
    mandymaurine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I take these daily. They arent magic pills. You need to eat healthy and workout. The Garcinia Cambogia helps suppress appetite and green bean coffee extract gives you an energy boost. That is it. They can aid in weight loss but you have to put the work in.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I take these daily. They arent magic pills. You need to eat healthy and workout. The Garcinia Cambogia helps suppress appetite and green bean coffee extract gives you an energy boost. That is it. They can aid in weight loss but you have to put the work in.

Whenever something advertises as WORKS GREAT (with diet and exercise), everyone needs to realize that it's the diet and exercise that works. Most over the counter appetite surprsessents don't hold up in randomized control trials; it's a placebo effect.

Many people find much more effective methods for staying satiated: changing meal timing to reflect when they are actually hungry, eating larger volumes of nutrient dense foods, or adjusting macro levels for what is most personally satiating.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I tried Garcinia Cambogia and my results were I had less money and felt stupid for getting screwed.
  • SciranBG
    SciranBG Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Green coffee extract is just for caffeine, and caffeine will help weight loss. But there are probably better ways to supplement it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I tried Garcinia Cambogia and my results were I had less money and felt stupid for getting screwed.

Same here :flushed:

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I read an article recently on these two supplements and weight loss - has anyone tried them? If so, what were your results? Thanks! :)
    Most articles over exaggerate the results that supplements like these actually achieve.
    Realize that no supplement will work without a calorie deficit. And a calorie deficit is all you need to lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• willsadorei
    willsadorei Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take garcinia cambogia and green coffee. I definitely feel less cravings, but I don't know which one to attribute it to.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I take garcinia cambogia and green coffee. I definitely feel less cravings, but I don't know which one to attribute it to.

Neither one of these things. But hey, if they make you believe they are cutting down on cravings, keep wasting your money on them. ;)