which marathon or half are U training for?

Options
c2sky
c2sky Posts: 487 Member
Just signed up for another 1/2 marathon in Leavenworth, Washington during their Oktoberfest. Leavenworth is a Bavarian town in the Cascade moutains. It is supposed to be a hilly course, so I may not get my best time, but it should be really scenic!

Would love to hear about some marathons or half marathons you are training for or have done!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• elysetoplin
    elysetoplin Posts: 253
    Options
    my first half was the rock n roll mardi gras in new orleans in feb. 2011. i'm about to start training for my second half, the nike women's half marathon in san francisco, that's in october. and i'm planning to do rock n roll new orleans again in march 2012!
  • mwfannwy
    mwfannwy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I love running with my dogs(google canix) in the uk so i'm planning to run a half marathon before the year is out with them.
    Have you done many marathons then?
  • DisneyMommy
    DisneyMommy Posts: 281
    Options
    That's so cool. I got married in Leavenworth, WA during that time. It's beautiful there! Enjoy the race!

I don't have another race until Sept which is the Disneyland 1/2 followed by the Walt Disney World Goofy Challenge in Jan (that's where you do the 1/2 Sat and the Full Sun). I stay trained for 1/2's year round and can't wait to actually do another race! Training is fine but the races are so much fun : )
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I've done the Kentucky Derby Festival Half and I'm signed up for the Homerun 1/2 that ends at the ballfield here in Louisville.
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm training for Rock N Roll San Antonio Marathon in November and the Chevron Houston Marathon in January. Can't wait! Will be my 2nd and 3rd marathons (I did Houston last year and loved it). I'd like to find a half to do sometime before November rolls around though.
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Nike Women's half in San Francisco, Oct 16, Big Sur Half, Nov 20, and Tinkerbell Half in Disneyland Jan 28 ( for my 40th)
  • c2sky
    Options
    heading out now to do hills. Keep it coming. I do a full about every 4 years. I do a half every year.
  • c2sky
    Options
    I am doing the Nike Women's half in San Francisco, Oct 16, Big Sur Half, Nov 20, and Tinkerbell Half in Disneyland Jan 28 ( for my 40th)
    Fun to run on your birthday. I did that 2 years ago in the Seattle Rock and Roll inaugural. So fun!
  • c2sky
    Options
    Fun to run on your birthday. I did that 2 years ago in the Seattle Rock and Roll inaugural. So fun!

Or is that your 40th race?
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am tentatively training for St. Louis Rock and Roll on OCT 23 but they won't release course time limits for another week or so and I'm a slow runner so that is of some concern. I have a buffer in my plan to run Columbus, Ohio on OCT 16 if St. Louis does not work out.

Last time I ran a RNR marathon I broke my foot at mile seven so I feel like I have some unfinished business with that series of races....here's to hoping I don't have to run the back 19 on a broken foot this time!
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options

Or is that your 40th race?

No that will be my 12 half marathon, my birthday in earlier in Jan. But a bunch of us are going to do a moms weekend to celebrate my 40th...and ru. Tink too!
  • kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My very first half marathon was The Great Race of Agoura - Pacific Half Marathon course in 2009. That is a pretty hilly course, but at least it was on the road. Since then I have done:

The Great Race of Agoura - Cheseboro Trail half marathon course (California)
    First Midwest Bank Southwest Half Marathon (Illinois)
    Rock N' Roll Los Angeles Half Marathon
    The Great Race of Agoura - Pacific Half Marathon course (again)
    Soldier Field 10 miler (Illinois)

Up next is the Santa Clarita (california) half in November. I'd love to do a marathon, but I don't think I have the time or the patience for the training. =)
  • c2sky
    Options
    Wow it sounds like most of us have done at least 1 rock and roll. I've done the Seattle half twice.

I also did half marathons on Whidbey Island, WA. I actually got 1st place in my age group on that one, and it was my first. Oh, to get back to THOSE days.

Then the fulls I've done are
    Newport, Oregon
    and
    St. George, Utah.

They are all so different. I do love the northwest, but I have lived all over the country. I hope to get to the point where I can come try some of these races you have mentioned.
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have my first half marathon tomorrow night! It's not your typical one though, as it's a midnight power walk for a breast cancer charity. This course runs through the city of Edinburgh (Scotland), and there should be about 10,000 women and men power walking in their decorated bras (this year's theme is Moulin Rouge, so I've gone for a pink tartan corsetty style). I'm hoping that, barring incident, I should finish in under 3 1/2 hours, but considering I've never done anything like this before I'll probably just be happy to finish!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    The Vegas Rock n Roll Marathon (Well I'm only doing a HALF lol).. It sounded the funnest out of all the ones I looked at near me. It will be my first time doing anything like this, so I'm super excited.

http://stripatnight.com/

vegasq.jpg
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    How do you all find Marathons, 5K's etc? I'm new to all this, and it was difficult for me to find anything that wasn't really far away from me. Is there certain places you can go to find marathons by locations or anything? I'd love to do a 5K or something before December, but I've just been looking on google...and its kind of hit or miss it feels like.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    double post...sorry...
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Im in the UK and doing the Cardiff half in October :)
  • kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    How do you all find Marathons, 5K's etc? I'm new to all this, and it was difficult for me to find anything that wasn't really far away from me. Is there certain places you can go to find marathons by locations or anything? I'd love to do a 5K or something before December, but I've just been looking on google...and its kind of hit or miss it feels like.

I find a lot on athlinks.com. Look under the "events and results" tab. They have most, but some of the smaller races I find through google.
  • c2sky
    Options

I find a lot on athlinks.com. Look under the "events and results" tab. They have most, but some of the smaller races I find through google.

also, try marathonguide.com