The Incredible Shrinking...Bust

Options
My cup size has now officially gone from a C-D to a B, and I've only lost about 9-10 lbs. total. I'm supposed to lose another 15 pounds, and I'm terrified that I'm going to be a size AA by the time I'm done...

How do I keep my motivation to lose weight when it feels like my boobs are disappearing? It's really depressing me and this happens EVERY time I lose weight; I see my boobs shrinking and I stop, because I don't want to lose them. In fact I've actually gained weight on purpose before in an attempt to make my bust bigger. Am I becoming less sexy or more sexy by losing weight??

Replies

• skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You gotta be healthy! I love my boobs too, and miss them as they get smaller. But hey, Victoria Secret makes hella good bras that make them look bigger!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds and definitely noticed a decrease in my bust size. My thoughts are, I'd rather have small boobs and be smaller than be fat with larger boobs....just sayin'
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    This has started happening to me! I used to be a C, now I'm like a big A! But at the end of the day....I know that I would like my stomach to be slimmer than bigger with bigger boobs! I guess our bodies want to be 'even' and in proportion? I've heard that doing the chest pull at the gym helps...well, funnily enough, the chest! It's just a shame that the fat comes off the places you least want it to go first! Hope you don't get too disheartened!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    that sucks..i seem to be losing weight and inches, and mine are growing..want some of mine ? LoL..seriously tho, i dunno what to tell you..seems kind weird you have only lost a small amount and they are shrinking...hang in there, and please dont stop..i know it is probably depressing, but your health SHOULD be more important than boobs..best of luck..take care :wink:
  • JLopez
    JLopez Posts: 20
    Options
    In my opinion, it's not such a bad thing. Actually too big can look matronly, where a bit smaller can look more youthful... just saying! :wink:
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    I feel ya, I've gone from a D to a B and I still have 10-25 pounds that I want to lose! But my husband promised me a boob job when I get to my goal! If that's not for you, there are some amazing push-up bras! Either way, being healthy is the most important part! Good luck and congrats!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Boobs are usually the first thing to go on me. Once they get to a certain size they don't get any smaller though, just imagine your losing weight from top to bottom, your bottom will catch up and you will be proportioned like you should be. It's worth it!! just keep pluggin away ,if it really bothers you wear a padded bra nobody will know but you.
  • FJones43
    FJones43 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'll be glad when mine start shrinking!!!!
  • NaturalCon
    NaturalCon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I reckon that the rest of you will catch up before too long, so your bust, although smaller than before, will be more in proportion with the rest of you.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My cup size has now officially gone from a C-D to a B, and I've only lost about 9-10 lbs. total. I'm supposed to lose another 15 pounds, and I'm terrified that I'm going to be a size AA by the time I'm done...

How do I keep my motivation to lose weight when it feels like my boobs are disappearing? It's really depressing me and this happens EVERY time I lose weight; I see my boobs shrinking and I stop, because I don't want to lose them. In fact I've actually gained weight on purpose before in an attempt to make my bust bigger. Am I becoming less sexy or more sexy by losing weight??

Your body will porpotion itself out! There's nothing wrong with a fit person with a smaller chest! Though you could try lots of pushups and chest exercises to keep that area in tip top shape!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I have noticed the same but here is my theory.... When my boobs were bigger, they didn't look bigger because my stomach was bigger. Now yes, the boobs are smaller but the tummy is flatter so I think it evens out a bit. haha
  • Kjanthony
    Kjanthony Posts: 39
    Options
    i undersatand where you are coming from although i'm the opposite. i have lost 44lbs and i just don't see my boobs shrinking. i wish they would because they make my back hurt.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I wish mine would start shrinking, lol....

I know you want to look good, but the ultimate goal should be your health. I say keep losing weight and buy a padded bra =)

Good luck!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I here yah.. i have lost 2 inches in the bust(boo), 3 in the waist(yay!) and an inch everywhere else. I was thinking maybe it is my tight sports bras squeezing the fat out of them..lol I need a sports bra for my butt and legs if that is the case...
  • Mzncdiva
    Mzncdiva Posts: 16
    Options
    Unfortunately...our breast is made of fat. I'm sure the new cup size will be more in line with your frame once you lose the weight.

Good luck.
  • mimi2kk
    mimi2kk Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Don't stop trying to lose weight! Sounds like you need to build muscle in your chest. Do you do any weight/resistance training? If you belong to a gym, talk with one of the trainers about exercises to target the chest muscles.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I have heard of this happening when people eliminate carbs or cut fat completly. Personally,my boobs were fine until I did the 30 Day shred. By week 2 my boobs are still a C but a long C.Not a full C. Thanks Jillian. Good luck,Doll. Push up's are lunges for your Boobs.
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to enjoy having smaller breasts! I am now officially smaller in the cup than I was at 50lbs lighter in high school!!! What's up with this? It's a cruel joke, really, and very aggravating, but like the previously ladies have said, I'd rather be thin with tiny boobies than fat with big ones! :laugh:
  • dreamer4
    dreamer4 Posts: 27
    Options
    When you loose weight you often loose FIRST from the bust. It does not mean they will continue to shrink. They may or may not. I am a large busted lady too, but after years of having big boobs ;-) my back is feeling it. I figure when I am done if I need a lift I will worry about it than. For me, and I don't know if you have kids, but I have watched my three year old daughter making my same food choices. :'-( A healthy life is the goal and a good role-model for your little ones (if you have them). :-) Good luck and hey now you get to go bra shopping (;-) Something sexy) since the old ones don't fit. Think about next time how you'll be picking out new pants next! :-) Keep up the good work!
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    It happens to a lot of people... Some are lucky, though. ;( But, boobs are fat, so it's going to go away along with everything else. Keep doing what you're doing, you'll look amazing regardless. :):flowerforyou: