Female Motorcycle Riders

Options

Replies

• Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Shoulda rode today! But since i'm a new-b.. I work downtown at night a couple days a week.. and I'm not really keen on riding in the city with my bike... just way tooooo many variables down there...

Guys you are more then welcome to join the conversation.. just wanted to see what ladies out there are riding...

Post pictures of your beasts ladies and gents!
  • Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I ride a Honda CBR600F4i...I love my bike and I love to ride....I have been riding for 4 years now. I always wear a helmet and a jacket. Saftey first! :) Only been out a couple times this year b/c of the weather but its getting nicer.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    vfr.jpg
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    i haven't ridden at all this week! kicking myself... if its nice on sunday i'll take her out then!
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I ride my bike every day I can. To me there is no better start to my day than by getting my knees in the breeze :) I wear my full face helmet every time even though SD is a helmet optional state.
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    I ride a Yamaha VStar 1300 and LOVE it!!! During the summer it is pretty much my only form of transportation!

Nebraska has a helmet law so always have mine on. Not so good about the ATGATT other then helmet though.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Nice looking bike Taso!

I rode to work today. Beautiful day. It's about 15deg C here in the morning which I think is about 45-50F? Got my kevlar jeans on (casual friday :P)

This is my ghetto CBR :devil:

15137_195648480922_594850922_4354052_3999334_n.jpg
  • notapromqueen
    notapromqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I ride with my husband, does that count? Haha! My original plan was to lose weight and get my own bike. However, by the time I'm going to get this weight off, it'll be time to start making babies! But for now, I ride on the back and love it! So happy to see so many smart people here who wear full protective gear! :heart:
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    Sorry to highjack the thread. I love reading about women who are riders. Be safe out on the road.

I actually joined MFP because my gut kept hanging over the tank on my sport bike.

My two rides

Harley Davidson FLHX for touring.
    DSC01700.jpg

Ducati 1198 for canyon riding. Back when I was 60 lbs heavier.
    IMG00007-20100702-1139.jpg
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    How do i post pictures lol
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I used to own a 2004 Yamaha R6. Haven't ridden in about a year or so. And that was on a borrowed bike. I have my eye on the Yamaha R1. I would love to learn to race someday...but not in the current shape I am in LOL
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    How do i post pictures lol

milehighcritic: I want your Duc! :P

Upload to imageshack. Get the URL. then type url (except the IMG has to be in small letters.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I ride with my husband, does that count? Haha! My original plan was to lose weight and get my own bike. However, by the time I'm going to get this weight off, it'll be time to start making babies! But for now, I ride on the back and love it! So happy to see so many smart people here who wear full protective gear! :heart:

I only ride with my husband too and I love it. I don't know if I'll ever go for my own license. I don't really have the desire to do so. But last summer my husband bought a VTX (He also has a CBR) so that we could take rides together and I found that I really enjoy riding with him. This is a huge thing, because we don't have a lot in common and it is nice to find something we both enjoy doing together.
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    Rode into work this morning... almost didn't wear my jacket since its going to be in the 90s! Too bad I'm a sucker for safety! lol... thank god its a textile and has vents everywhere... :) it was so nice first thing this morning... wish I didn't have a birhday party after work to attend or I'd go out for a nice ride on the nice curvy roads.
  • spiritofoctober
    Options
    I have a Kawasaki Vulcan 500, blue and beautiful! I haven't been riding long, got my license last November. It's been sitting with a dead battery for a while now, just been trying to scrounge money for new battery and tires. Almost there!

Speaking of, where do you ladies buy your tires, get oil changes, etc?
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    I ussually ask my friend/mechanic where to buy tires or have him order them for me... he also does my oil changes :).. nice to know people who work on cars/bikes :)
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    :smile: :heart: BIKE1.jpg

YAY I did it.. this is my gurl...
    dammit i don't know how to shrink it lol
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow riders! I've got a TL1000S. Here's me (pre-MFP :laugh: ) on a road trip in Spain.

dsc05235u.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    amanda0325: if you upload to imageshack there is an option that says resize to forum size. That is the one I use :) Nice looking half a bike though :laugh:

Mrsm1ggins: Love the sound of a big jap v-twin :bigsmile:
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have a Kawasaki Vulcan 500, blue and beautiful! I haven't been riding long, got my license last November. It's been sitting with a dead battery for a while now, just been trying to scrounge money for new battery and tires. Almost there!

Speaking of, where do you ladies buy your tires, get oil changes, etc?
    I order my tires online and have a guy that puts them on and do my own oil changes. I love tinkering with the bikes :)