It should be against the Law...

Options
Anna_Banana
Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
for businesses to have candy dishes with free candy in them. This morning I went to the Law Office and had a Fun size Milky Way, Phone company and had a chewy christmas tree mint, Post office (and these are my new favorite) the peppermint Andes mints, they are white with crunched up peppermint. I swear it should be outlawed.

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Options
    for businesses to have candy dishes with free candy in them. This morning I went to the Law Office and had a Fun size Milky Way, Phone company and had a chewy christmas tree mint, Post office (and these are my new favorite) the peppermint Andes mints, they are white with crunched up peppermint. I swear it should be outlawed.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    :laugh: And yet they think they are doing you a favor by having the candy there!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    ill tell you something that will turn you off.... (unless they are wrapped)

since the statistic of people that washes their hands after using the bathroom is 1 in 6 .. think of what happens when everybody dip their hands in the candy dish ...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :sick:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    :laugh: And yet they think they are doing you a favor by having the candy there!

And I'm just too weak to just walk away.
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

since the statistic of people that washes their hands after using the bathroom is 1 in 6 .. think of what happens when everybody dip their hands in the candy dish ...

Okay, They are all wrapped. I don't think I could eat something sitting on a counter if it wasn't. My boss however, keeps jelly beans on his desk, and everybody dips into that jar:noway:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options

ewwwwwww and cooties could get on wrappers too!
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :sick: :sick: :sick: Yucky
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    eww....didn't think about that. Now I have another reason to stay away from the candy dish! (as if I needed one).:sick:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Okay most of these places are pretty low traffic bc it's such a small town, so I guess I never thought about the cooties.:huh:
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    YES IT SHOULD! IM A SUCKER FOR THE SUCKERS AT THE BANK! heeh
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'll risk cooties for free candy.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    And it really doesn't matter if they are wrapped. They touch the outside with their urinal infested, booger touching, grimy fingers, then you touch the outside, unwrap, then touch the candy and put it in your mouth. I'm not a germaphobe but that was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow. :s
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    And it really doesn't matter if they are wrapped. They touch the outside with their urinal infested, booger touching, grimy fingers, then you touch the outside, unwrap, then touch the candy and put it in your mouth. I'm not a germaphobe but that was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow. :s

If its a wrapped candy, the only thing the candy needs to touch is your mouth with the correct technique
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    But that's the only reason why I even go to any kind of local business.