I'm 35 and trying again ...

Options
If anyone of similar age would like to add me feel free .I haven't been on here for a while but enough is enough right now . Hopefully we could help each other . My body fat is the highest it's ever been and I am totally fed up . Would love to get some control back with food . My main problem is money and buying cheap food . Good food is sometimes expensive and i feel guilty having a family to spend nore on my own nutrition .Thanks

Replies

• jill611james
    jill611james Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking this same thing. I am also 35 and at my highest weight I have ever been (without including pregnancy) I really need some motivation and help this time around.
  • GreyKnight120
    GreyKnight120 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Also 35 (for a couple more months anyway) and joined up here a little over two months ago. Since that time I've lost around 40 lbs. I still have a long way to go, but it's been an interesting and educational journey so far. Feel free to add or message me if you'd like, and good luck with your own journey! Stay strong!
  • jenathp
    jenathp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 ... does that count? I just sent you a friend request. Feel free to add me. I've gone down one dress size since starting my weight loss journey and 8 pounds since I have been serious about this app (about a month). So I think I'm doing pretty good! :)
  • cafren23
    cafren23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 35. I lost 3 stone on this in 2012. Time to pull my finger out again because I've put all the weight back on. 5 days in and I'm doing well. Walking most days and keeping within my calorie goal. My weakness is late night curry chips.
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 34. @garageselecta, totally understand what you mean - unhealthy food is so much cheaper than the healthy stuff. Dont feel guilty for looking after yourself though, think of it as an investment in your children. You are their role model, so by eating healthily, you're setting them a great example so they don't have to go through this when they're older. Plus you'll have more energy and be more fun. It's not always possible on a budget, but just do the best you can and don't feel bad either way.
  • jcmenard
    jcmenard Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also 35 and I understand the struggles of buying healthy food due to cost. It's disgusting how cheap and accessible junk foods are. But there are ALOT of healthy and cheap options, just do the research. And feel free to ask anyone on here. And anyone, feel free to add me. I'm new also!
  • garageselecta
    garageselecta Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ah man ive gained 1stone 1lbs since I started on this site 3 years ago . there was a time where i had lost but overall that is rubbish!!! most people have lost weight lol
  • xcantore
    xcantore Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm 31 and in the same boat. Poor and have a family of four and trying to lose weight eating somewhat healthy food.