Feeling awesome - big NSV for me

Options
Well, I posted on here a while back about quitting smoking (it's been 15 days so far!) and getting back into running. After I quit smoking and first started running, it was difficult for me to run 1.5 miles without stopping a couple times to take a breath. Today, 2 weeks later, I ran 2.5 miles only stopping once after doing a short, 30-second sprint. It feels awesome and I can't wait until I run a 3K distance without stopping! Maybe that will be my motivation to finally sign up for a race.
Also, I've been doing a combo of the 30-day shred and the 20-minute Turbo Jam workout and I can already feel my arms, legs and stomach getting more muscular and toned. Yay!! :happy:

Replies

• Sistasarita
    Sistasarita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    way to kick butt! go 'head wit you bad self! =]
  • beatlegirl2011
    beatlegirl2011 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! I quit back in January :) it's amazing how quickly you can feel the physical difference
  • hatchhome
    hatchhome Posts: 65
    Options
    Congrats on the smoking part, running will defiantly help. keep up the hard work
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm planning to quit soon, too. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Amazing! My favorite NSVs for myself are also running related, so I get how great the accomplishment of going farther or faster than before can feel! And to quit smoking on top of that ... wow!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!