Alcohol, alcohol and more alcohol

Options

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Dude imagine how the fat is going to melt off of you from that lack of calories alone. Even changing nothing else. My husband just had to do this because of health issues. He has just melted. I told him all along he got all his calories from alcohol because he eats like a bird. Now he is back in 34 jeans. He is loving it and said he doesnt need it. So cant wait to see your results!!!

Not to mention money saved from not buying alcohol. OP, you could always put what you would've spent on that weekly 12-pack towards something else you want; might help to motivate you if you start to find it tricky.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I did it. My first Friday night with NO alcohol. YES!!!!!!!!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You can do it!! Hubby and I used to drink way too much on the weekends. And we always suffered from lethargy and stomach bloating, etc. Hubby decided 2 years ago to just stop, and he felt so much better! I kept drinking red wine (which to be honest was an improvement over rum mixed with pop), but stopped this year on Sept 1st and I don't miss it. You may want to find some tasty, low calorie, healthier beverage. We're drinking specialty teas, which are very, very tasty and little to no calories.

Good luck! You can do it! You'll find it won't be long before you don't even think about it anymore. CONGRATS on your first alcohol free Friday night!!
  • kbmnurse
    Options
    Ok entire weekend alcohol free. I can't believe it, this has not happened in ages. Day #8. Halloween I had 2 snack size Kit Kats. Life is good.
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I switched from beer to straight liquor and noticed a big change, but even then I just drink a few drinks a week. It sounds like you might be struggling with moderation so this is probably the best course of action if you're not able to control your consumption when drinking.
  • Erismoon
    Erismoon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I am my first week without it. It is going well. I was drinking quite a bit on the weekends, and well sometimes a glass here and there during the week. It never affected my work life or anything like that, but I could tell my body was being affected. No more!
  • kbmnurse
    Options
    Day # 9. Alcohol free. So much more energy.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I did the same in April! You can count on one thing it keeps getting better!
  • Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • HeathBro
    HeathBro Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Well, it has taken me 56 years to realize I have to STOP consuming alcohol. I was only fooling myself when I told myself it was ok to drink on the weekends. I would consume a 12 pack of lite beer every weekend sometimes more. I never drank during the work week. So exercise would be out because I was always so lethargic the next day. I am going to make a commitment to myself. I will not drink an alcoholic beverage for 3 months and see how I feel at the end of that time. My last beer was on 10/24/15. Ok here it goes. B)o:)

If you haven't already discovered this site - it's a great resource of support for anyone trying to cut back or cut out alcohol all together. https://www.hellosundaymorning.org
  • kbmnurse
    Options
    Day #12 no alcohol.
  • Kirky_V2
    Kirky_V2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Day #12 no alcohol.

Go you!!

I'm just coming to the same realisation myself with alcohol, I had two recent events, one sober, one very much less so. And you know what? I enjoyed the sober experience so much more - I can remember the whole night, I was up and at 'em the next morning, I saved a fortune, and I saw what drink did to other people.

I'll never say never, but I will say not for now, no way.
  • dburkhol
    dburkhol Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome !

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I drink everyday
  • kbmnurse
    Options
    This will be my 2nd weekend alcohol free. This has not happened in ages. I must avoid the triggers. Do I miss it---YES!!!!!!! I loved that buzzed feeling but, no can do. Enjoy your weekend with or without alcohol.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Glad your feeling better. Hope someday you can enjoy alcohol again in moderation.
    That being said, Domestic beer always makes me feel bloated and lethargic. A good craft is where its at for me.
    Cheers :drinker:
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I did this last year!!! After a couple months, people started commenting on my weight, even though I hadn't really last much. It made such a huuuuuge difference. After almost a year, I added wine back in in small amounts. Life stress hit and these became larger amounts again, and I gained ten pounds back. I'm giving it another shot. It's truly not worth it! I'll have a glass here and there if I'm craving it, but it's so easy to go into mindless drinking mode when you have it in your head that drinking=relaxation. You don't need it and you'll feel so much better without it!
  • kbmnurse
    Options
    Day #14 Bad girl drank.
  • DaraOK
    DaraOK Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I stopped drinking wine (every night) this past week and managed to log 16+ miles running and walking. It really does make a difference. Keep it up!
  • kbmnurse
    Options
    Well, day #14 I drank light beer. Great buzz. I did get up today and work out. Oh well, can't look back only move forward. Today is another day--ETOH free.