what's your favorite cat breed and why?

Options

Replies

• Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    People who walk cats on leashes are just cray cray and need to be locked up!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    People who walk cats on leashes are just cray cray and need to be locked up!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

Remember the jogging stroller for the cat? That was a classic.

Was probably nuked though.
  • jo_madre
    jo_madre Posts: 875 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Pu$$y! My favorite cat breed is the pu$$y cat.

Dang! No what's wrong with a pu$$y cat?
  • LionessWhispers
    LionessWhispers Posts: 69 Member
    Options

That doesn't change the fact that saying they only exist because people breed them is irrelevant. That's pretty much true of all domesticated animals as well as many animals that are forced to live in zoos.

Except that it IS irrelevant because I never used that as a reason for why they shouldn't exist. I provided legitimate reasons as to why I don't believe people should be breeding them.
    I only pointed out that they only exist by human intervention because the person asked how they would exist if humans did not breed them. I'm sorry that you confused my answer to the OP's question with me providing a reason. They are two separate things.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I used to love dogs but after owning the world's stupidest beagle and working in a dog grooming place with a lunatic boss, I don't care for dogs at all anymore. Cats are awesome and fit way better into my lifestyle. I'd be lost without by freaky 6-toed cat.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »
    Finnish Forest cats

Maine-Coon-cat-magnus-02.jpg

Nice!

I'm going with the Norwegian Forest. So amazing! We had one for 23 years that was a total bada$s. Looked almost identical to...
    nfo_fife_lrg.jpg
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    jo_madre wrote: »
    Pu$$y! My favorite cat breed is the pu$$y cat.

Dang! No what's wrong with a pu$$y cat?

trying-too-hard.gif
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I used to love dogs but after owning the world's stupidest beagle and working in a dog grooming place with a lunatic boss, I don't care for dogs at all anymore. Cats are awesome and fit way better into my lifestyle. I'd be lost without by freaky 6-toed cat.

Don't make this a dog-shaming thread. You should be ashamed.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options

Don't make this a dog-shaming thread. You should be ashamed.

Not sorry in the least.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »
    Finnish Forest cats

Maine-Coon-cat-magnus-02.jpg

Nice!

I'm going with the Norwegian Forest. So amazing! We had one for 23 years that was a total bada$s. Looked almost identical to...
    nfo_fife_lrg.jpg

It's so fluffy!
  • Determined_ella_89
    Determined_ella_89 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Maine coon because they are so similar to dogs.... Gentle giants x
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    0okh5w3o4xu1.png

domestic shorthair "rescue" kitties <3
    3.png 146.7K
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Regarding cat breeds that would not exist in nature: most of what we see in the domestic house cat breeds DO exist in nature, just not in the quantity that we see. People see a trait that they like (short hair, long hair, no hair, etc) and combine similar looking cats to maintain that trait. Even the rumpy and stumpy Manx cats are a naturally occurring trait. Same with the ears of the Scottish Fold and the American Curl. What I don't like is perpetuating things that would not allow the cat to survive in the wild, like super short legs. I also do not like interbreeding species that would not breed together on their own (like the housecat/Asian Leopard cat combo that produced the Bengal and the Serval/housecat combo that produces the Savannah). Tinkering with nature like that is wrong.

My favorite is still the "who knows what" shelter cat like my Mr. Hector:
    01f716c5-7f08-4fa4-96cd-50846cce6816_zps41eeab65.jpg

Although I love Coonies too, like Miss Mika:
    384a0e72-d95d-4287-b95b-e7a5117eda4b_zpsahggajva.jpg
  • JinxedyJinx
    JinxedyJinx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kitties! I love any type of cat! But long haired orange tabbies are the sweetest... They always seem exceptionally friendly.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I don't have a favorite breed...I just like fat ones.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    Dead ones are good
    jmule24 wrote: »
    Dead.... Is that a breed?

These guys have the right idea. I'm not a proper cat owner. The only one I ever had did back flips across the living room (on the couch of course) when I was about 10. ALWAYS landed on her feet.

I may get another one, that's bringing back so many memories :trollface: