Weight Watchers? Give it a go or no?!

Options
2»

Replies

• bootlebop1979
    Options
    I am living WW style! I lost a total of 82lbs the first time and kept it off until a became pregnant with my second child. I tried to lose weight after on my own but, was up and down. So, I joined WW to be accountable and following plans work better for me than just winging it. "I need all the education I can get." This time around I have lost 39lbs and 10 lbs away from GW!!! I am a member here too because I just can't get enough support =) Good luck with whatever you choose.

Anyone can add me if you would like =)

I am also currently doing another round of P90X "lean". Week1 day5
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    MFP+$$$$=WW

If you feel like it will add to your experience, and you want to spend money on it, go for it!

But in all honesty, you don't have to, because of MFP being wonderful and effective and FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up my 3 month trial of WW this month and won't be continuing. While I've successfully maintained a loss of over 100 pounds by counting calories, I thought I needed a change. A friend, who goes to weekly meetings, has been quite successful on it. For me, nothing happened. I found that the points translated to too low of a calorie intake for me. So it felt way too much like a diet. Very few of the brands I eat are in their database either, so I was constantly having to create my own records. However, I also only did online, not meetings, and I think the meetings are the key to the whole program. I learned a great deal about portion control via WW (which has always been my nemesis) and I will surely miss some of their recipes, but MFP works better for me. And it's FREE!!
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I"ve done WW in the past and lost weight. My doctor says it is one of the best plans out there. I recently cancelled my membership because everything I needed was on MFP. (I'm not a meeting person) However, if you need "physical" support as opposed to "virtual" support, WW is definitely the way to go. The meetings provide you with a chance to meet and gain support from people on the same journey as you and by being new to the area it would be a great way to get to know people in the area. If you were interested only in the online version, I would hesitate for now. But again, as someone before stated, it really depends on the person and your needs.

Good Luck and if you are looking for new friends on MFP, feel free to friend me :-)