how long did it take to see results?

Options
I just started my weight loss journey this Monday, so I know I won't see a difference right away. I want to know when you guys started seeing results? I am working my butt off, and watching my calorie intake, just drinking water and eating healthier. I would just like to see some light at the end of the tunnel sometime soon..I hope

I need to stay away from the Halloween candy lol

Replies

• ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It really varies by person and conditions such as how much weight you have to lose. I've been at this 33 days now and I'm down 15lbs but I had 70 to lose and I'm breastfeeding. It slows down the closet you get to your goal.
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Each person is different. The first time around I've never tried this out before so I lost weight a bit quicker. People started noticing results after the first month and a half. I'm doing this a second time as I've gained back a bit and it's taking me A LOT longer. I'm anticipating that I won't see results for a few months. I just started using this app again. You may start seeing results after 2 weeks we're all different but remember to push through even if the results aren't as visible as you'd like them to be.
  • vinsmomma26
    vinsmomma26 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    that's awesome, great job! I want to lose a good bit overall, but my goal for new years is 20lbs. Breastfeeding is a great way to lose weight, I breastfed my son for three months and my weight just melted away. Good luck!
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I see the scale move right away but people never notice on me until I have lost at least 30 pounds.
  • cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different, but if you are talking about the scale, I saw results within the first two weeks. Really fast at first due to water weight. If you are talking the mirror, that took more like 7-8 weeks. You would be doing yourself a big favor if you took a few "before" pictures and also did some circumference measurements (I.e. Neck, chest, waist, hips, thighs, etc.). As you progress, you may find your definition of success changes and/or you need additional sources of motivation. Progression along any of these axes can be extremely gratifying! Good luck on your journey.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Depends where you want to see it. In my grocery chart, immediately. On the scale I saw results in a week. In my disposition, one month. In my strength one month. On the tape measure 3 months. In my endurance three months. In my closet about 4 months, I started weeding things out. In my blood tests, 5 months.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for 5 years and lost over 5o lbs. I didn't see results right away but I've always gone the slower loss route (I love food). Take some pics of yourself now because while you might not see results, their happening slowly. A before pic will remind you of where you started. Good luck!
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    After a week or so, notice around your face and neck. That was the first place I noticed a slimming. I had my friend laughing, I call it "meat neck." That condition where your head transitions down to your shoulders in one thick cylinder. Then notice your clothes. It's little things at first, and you may find that you doubt yourself. But no, those jeans really are zipping up a little easier. And then things like ease of movement. You bend down to tie your shoe or pick something up from the floor and you don't get a head rush. It's easier to slide in and out of the car.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I started at 250 and it really took about sixty pounds before I saw the difference. Others saw it! But I didn't. Not really. I was honestly surprised when I realized my clothes were getting bigger and shocked when the new ones were getting too big.

It's hard to see the change when you look at yourself every day.

Around the time I was at 180, dropping to 170, I saw a change about every ten pounds.

Other people never stop telling me how much change they see. A few times a week, someone will tell me they notice more loss. Me, I see it when I do.

It's weird. I know the numbers, but I don't see anything near 100 pounds of loss. Others do, though! :)
  • TezKrastev
    TezKrastev Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When you start a weight loss program your body takes about 2-4 weeks to transition into a fat burning mode. In that time you might lose some initial water weight, but that won't be fat. After 4 weeks depending on how good your workouts and nutrition is, you will start to lose the weight. Stay persistent, don't drop your calories too low, take away 200 calories from your maintenance level calories, you should be losing weight steadily after that point. If your weight loss stalls, take away another 100-200 calories and keep going.
  • vinsmomma26
    Options
    Thanks for all of your advice everyone! I haven't noticed anything yet. I wish us women were like men, it seems like men show results much quicker lol I'm not as focused on losing stomach fat than I am everywhere else. I want to lose inches more than anything else.
  • vinsmomma26
    Options
    TezKrastev wrote: »
    When you start a weight loss program your body takes about 2-4 weeks to transition into a fat burning mode. In that time you might lose some initial water weight, but that won't be fat. After 4 weeks depending on how good your workouts and nutrition is, you will start to lose the weight. Stay persistent, don't drop your calories too low, take away 200 calories from your maintenance level calories, you should be losing weight steadily after that point. If your weight loss stalls, take away another 100-200 calories and keep going.

Thanks for the info! I had no idea it took that amount of time for your body to adjust to the program. My workouts consist of the elliptical for about 30 mins(sometimes more), the treadmill for about the same amount of time depending on how I feel, and I've been including weights into my workouts as well. Such as the chest press, just lifting some weights in general, and some kind of leg machine. I talked to a trainer at my gym and she told me to switch up my routine. I'm also eating about 1,600 calories a day, and just drinking water.
  • vinsmomma26
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I started at 250 and it really took about sixty pounds before I saw the difference. Others saw it! But I didn't. Not really. I was honestly surprised when I realized my clothes were getting bigger and shocked when the new ones were getting too big.

Around the time I was at 180, dropping to 170, I saw a change about every ten pounds.

Other people never stop telling me how much change they see. A few times a week, someone will tell me they notice more loss. Me, I see it when I do.

It's weird. I know the numbers, but I don't see anything near 100 pounds of loss. Others do, though! :)

wow that's amazing, good for you! I am 210 right now, but I'm bigger boned to begin with. I could not imagine losing that much weight. To be completely honest, I didn't even notice I was gaining weight until my pants got tighter. My stomach still looks the same, as well as the rest of my body. I have no idea where I am packing on the pounds lol!
  • vinsmomma26
    Options
    After a week or so, notice around your face and neck. That was the first place I noticed a slimming. I had my friend laughing, I call it "meat neck." That condition where your head transitions down to your shoulders in one thick cylinder. Then notice your clothes. It's little things at first, and you may find that you doubt yourself. But no, those jeans really are zipping up a little easier. And then things like ease of movement. You bend down to tie your shoe or pick something up from the floor and you don't get a head rush. It's easier to slide in and out of the car.

haha that's hilarious! I hope to see a difference in my face, my cheeks are too chubby! I put on my jeans today, which are a size 14 and they feel a tiny bit looser, or maybe its just my imagination. I just want to see results so I know I am doing the right thing, and not screwing the weight loss journey up!
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
  • vinsmomma26
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    I've been at it for 5 years and lost over 5o lbs. I didn't see results right away but I've always gone the slower loss route (I love food). Take some pics of yourself now because while you might not see results, their happening slowly. A before pic will remind you of where you started. Good luck!

that's incredible, good for you! I took some pictures already, and I'm going to continue to take pictures like every two weeks to see if I can notice a difference. Thanks so much for your support!
  • vinsmomma26
    Options
    cdcllcga01 wrote: »
    Everybody is different, but if you are talking about the scale, I saw results within the first two weeks. Really fast at first due to water weight. If you are talking the mirror, that took more like 7-8 weeks. You would be doing yourself a big favor if you took a few "before" pictures and also did some circumference measurements (I.e. Neck, chest, waist, hips, thighs, etc.). As you progress, you may find your definition of success changes and/or you need additional sources of motivation. Progression along any of these axes can be extremely gratifying! Good luck on your journey.

Thanks for your help! I totally forgot to take measurements, thanks for reminding me! and also thanks for your support!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

wow that's amazing, good for you! I am 210 right now, but I'm bigger boned to begin with. I could not imagine losing that much weight. To be completely honest, I didn't even notice I was gaining weight until my pants got tighter. My stomach still looks the same, as well as the rest of my body. I have no idea where I am packing on the pounds lol!

Thanks!

Good job on the pics. I took none and SO wish I had. They will help you to see the changes and you'll have something to look at and say, "Look at me!" and be proud of yourself. :)
  • FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I've taken some progress pictures (4 weeks) and I can notice a difference in them, not sure I'd notice in the mirror without something to compare too (5 weeks).
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Their are a lot of negatives about being short [5ft] but the one positive is that when I lose weight it shows very quickly - like 10lbs!