Looking for new friends that have 50 plus pounds to lose

Options

Replies

• kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I am 5'8" currently at 244 lbs. So far down about 9 lbs. I do weight lifting (stronglifts 5x5) and just started running (slow jogging actually lol). Looking to get down to 165
  • crazycatlady0313
    Options
    I am new to the communities and have only been on this app actively for about 3 months. I did really well with it and then got frustrated because the scale wasn't moving. I just got back from a family reunion where it seemed like all we did for a week was eat.
    I'm 50 years old and have always struggled some with my weight. My biggest problem is that I have a very sedentary desk job that is very mentally and emotionally challenging. By the time I get done at night I don't have any energy to exercise. My husband isn't any support because even though he is over weight and diabetic, he has no desire to change. Now we are headed into 7-8 months of bad weather where I live so my motivation will suffer from that, too.
    Ideally, I'd like to lose 50-60 lbs, but if I can't lose 5 how am I going to lose 50?
    Anyway, as I read this, it's very negative, but how I feel. I'd like to have some buddies for us to help and support each other!
    Thanks!
  • erinkate86
    erinkate86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new to the communities too. I would love to have some friends for support. I have lost 10 pounds in a couple of weeks by not eating processed foods. It's sort of paleo-esque, I guess. I'm currently 232 and would like to get down to 175, and then re-evaluate. It is hard because I'm surrounded at work by 20 year olds who can eat anything and not gain weight.
  • optimusprime30
    optimusprime30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new here and i have 60 pounds ro lose i let myself go with eating around the clock and it felt good at first but now im determined to get my real body back and say goodbye to this intruder. So far i have lost 12 lbs and i already see a difference in energy confidence and how i look. Everybody keep up the great work we all will reach our goals
  • optimusprime30
    optimusprime30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new to the communities and have only been on this app actively for about 3 months. I did really well with it and then got frustrated because the scale wasn't moving. I just got back from a family reunion where it seemed like all we did for a week was eat.
    I'm 50 years old and have always struggled some with my weight. My biggest problem is that I have a very sedentary desk job that is very mentally and emotionally challenging. By the time I get done at night I don't have any energy to exercise. My husband isn't any support because even though he is over weight and diabetic, he has no desire to change. Now we are headed into 7-8 months of bad weather where I live so my motivation will suffer from that, too.
    Ideally, I'd like to lose 50-60 lbs, but if I can't lose 5 how am I going to lose 50?
    Anyway, as I read this, it's very negative, but how I feel. I'd like to have some buddies for us to help and support each other!
    Thanks!

Dont give up we all hit a wall sometimes but I know you can push through it. Keep working hard.
  • blackburn23
    blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I went to the movies tonight with our son who is home from college this weekend. I had popcorn and butterfinger candy. I really feel ugh right now. Vigorous house work earlier today saved me from going over on my calories but I was over on fat. I don't even want to think about how much sodium was in the popcorn! This is the first night I have eat anything past 8 pm all week. ARGHHHHH!
  • TrueQuest
    TrueQuest Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Add me :). I'm currently at 242 and my goal weight is 170-ish. The highest I've been was 287, that was 2.5 years ago, and I've managed to stay at 250 or under since then. On and off the wagon so many times ugh.
  • latachuela
    latachuela Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    :)
    Hello, I am on the same path to lose 50lbs or more. According to my doctor I need to before I get into serious health problems. I have friends on my MFP but only like 5 maybe even communicate with me or post stuff. So really no motivation there. Feel free to add me to motivate each other and become MFPals. :)
  • KateMonster924
    KateMonster924 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in the similar goal range. I have lost 30 since the birth of my son in June and I am still trying to keep going. I have 50 more to go. I started at 233 the day he was born and I am down to 202. Please feel free to add me, my MFP friends are the ones that keep me going!
  • cee_gem
    cee_gem Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • Zeta000
    Zeta000 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have lost 11 lbs and now weighing 156.5. I want to lose 50 more!
  • cguintu
    cguintu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day. Add me. Would love a support group
  • catweedy
    catweedy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would love to be a part of the group. I have been on and off MFP for about 2 years. I experienced some health issues. I had knee problems and then lose the sight in one eye – infection from a contact lens. I started walking and was mugged. In spite of that, I am determined to lose 75 pounds and need all the support I can get.
  • blackburn23
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am down 2 pounds this week, now at 210. I am re-evaluating my eating habits...again. I am eating way too much sugar. I stayed within my calorie range but it wasn't pretty. My efforts this past week to eat healthier was pitiful actually. I am really surprised that the scales moved at all considering my sugar intake!!!
  • Gallaghergirl11
    Gallaghergirl11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm starting up again. This time I'm determined to make it through. 70 pounds. Please add me :)
  • sassynsweet2014
    sassynsweet2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 215lbs and want to lose 65 more pounds (I started at 225lbs). Feel free to add me!
  • JustCallMeTes
    JustCallMeTes Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! So I've hit the reset button on my weight loss and have found myself back at 248. I managed to lose about 20 lbs earlier in the year. Unfortunately I've gained it back .. and some. Would love to have some friends on this journey! My biggest goal is to find my way to ONEderland (under 200). Feel free to add me!
  • blackburn23
    Options
    Back up to 210.5...ho-hum...
  • subliminalawakening
    Options
    My highest weight was around 270, got down to 218 and stayed around 225 for about a year and then slowly crept back up to 270. I had stopped logging and exercised sporadically during grad school. I finish school this month and am recommitting myself to MFP and healthy living. Feel free to add me, I love having fitness buddies that are interactive and supportive (and I am, as well!).
  • findingmyway2fit
    findingmyway2fit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I have around 100 to lose, and need all the support I can get :smiley: